Sign in to follow this  

Add On Aircraft as AI..Who's using what?

I was just wondering what Add On aircraft everybody is finding to be most framerate friendly when used as AI traffic.MikeKOCF

I have found only G-max built airplanes work without visual defects. However, because of the frame hits associated with any add-ons, I don't use them that often. Search for Mike Stones web site he has alot of bueatiful models and skins.

Mike,I posted the same question a few times. There does not seem to be a clear cut answer to the question.The Project AI aircraft will be nice, when they are available.In the meantime, I am resorting to trial and error. I have found that aircraft with small *.MDL files will have fewer polygons. Some of these aircraft are terrific as AI aircraft.Some AI with small MDL files (< 100K) do not impact my framerates at all. Others (500-1200K) can cut the frame rates in half.It is a very frustrating process right now, and makes me appreciate the work of the Project AI team all the more.I wish I had more to add....Allen

Here's a short list of aircraft I've found that have decent framerates and all animated parts when used as AI. A few will need .air files, to be AI friendly. This list is by no means exclusive -- only what I've found so far.Default FS2002 planes Default CFS2 planes Default FS2000 Concorde Mike Stone's Airbus 320 ERJ 145 RJ 85/BAe 146 L1011 Roman Skorykh's Tupolev Tu-154B-2 Dmitry Olenin Ilyushin IL-86Nathan Tenny's B717 Chnzyf's Tu-160 BlackjackLou Volland's 707-320John Woodside's DH82 Tiger Moth

The Project AI aircraft work well for me.MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest Lobaeux4

Confound you and your mocking!!Can't wait for Project AI!And let me understand this correctly-- FS2000 Concorde works as AI traffic, gear and all? The same one you can dl'd from AVSIM? Taking off or landing at Heathrow just isn't the same without hearing SpeedBird 001.Joe

Do not forget A330-200 by opensky and never forget Mike Stones Sweet Islander is great AI and the SABB :-)Anniette xxxxxx

Yup, gear and all. I use three BA paints -- flag-tail and two old liveries, and an AF paint. The AI doesn't seem to like the .air file. I've never seen one land (I don't know if they last that long :( ), but straigt and level flight looks like a roller-coaster.

I use the following addon a/c as AI Traffic:Carenado:Cessna 172Warrior IIWarrior ISaratoga II HP (no gear)Cessna 152Piper TomahawkFSD:Commander 115TCPiper Cheyenne 400LSDreamfleet:Archer IIOther:Aviat Husky TaildraggerCanuck 80Almost all default FS2002 a/c have one or two parts remaining. And even though some a/c dont have gear. I dont see this as a huge problem because I do ga flying, and when I do come across an airplane with no gear, its for the whole 15-20 minutes im on the ground (and the Saratoga II and Cheyenne have lesser flown routes, so seeing them is less common.) The fact is that I use almost any nice FS2000 aircraft that is fixed gear.Scott