Sign in to follow this  
Guest RONVKING

Need your knowledge please

Guest RONVKING

Hi Folks,I have a number of scenery files downloaded off the internet. In some cases they include a number of aircraft that I want to removed so that i can use the space for AI traffic stands etc.I have tried Airport 2.60 (and the latest updates) but in some cases while the BGL has been converted to a sca file when I import it to Airport 2.60 it appears in the wrong place (lat/lon wise) and all the structures are listed as water towers no matter what they are, finally it doesnt look right on the plan either.Am I doing something wrong here or am I even approaching it the wrong way.:-doh Needless to say I grateful for the designers who keep there static aircraft in separate bgl files, helps a lot here ;)Rgds Ron

Guest Barney1

I can only address your observation about the de-compiling of a *.bgl file into a *.sca file. In my experience, and using my own "original" *.bgl file for disassembly, the resulting *.sca does indeed designate all objects as 'water tower'.Because I made the original, I know pretty well what each of those 'water towers' is supposed to be and it is merely a matter of re-selecting the correct object from the menu ( Edit selected object ).In your case, you will need to determine what each of the 'water towers' is. To do this, compare the coordinates in FS with the coordinates as they display within the Apt 2.6 schematic ('X' and 'Y' axis should display at bottom of screen).As for the Lat / Lon discrepency that you mention, that could be a result of the format chosen in the original file and what your design program has been set up to use being in conflict. In any case, you should be able to alter them within the General Section menu.An easier approach may be to attempt contact with the author(s) and seek either their original files or convince them to make the changes you wish for.It is for this reason that I like to keep the static planes, when used in my scenery, as a separate *.bgl file; thus, the individual can decide whether to have them display or not by simply including said *.bgl or not in the particular active scenery folder.

Guest RONVKING

Cheers Barney,At least I know its not me then! :-grnmd Rgds Ron