Sign in to follow this  
arno

Using custom autogen building textures with Annotator

Has anyone had any luck with this? Within Annotator I have the ability to choose onother texture file -- presumably as a sort of localised way to change the buildings -- but I can't make it work. My new 'buildings' have shadows, but are completely invisible. I've tried moving the new texture to the main texture folder, but to no avail.What I am trying to do is to make large hedges in place of autogen buildings -- replacing the building texture with hedge texture. I've left the houses as is, and I'm attempting to choose what is house and what is hedge. At the moment all I get is invisible houses and hedges.

Guest GerrishGray

I have tried very hard to get this described feature of the Annotator to work - without success. My efforts extended to hacking the generated AGN files, but nothing seemed to work. I think it probably just doesn't work in the FS2002 Autogen code. This is not the only inconsistency in the Autogen SDK ... But I could be wrong, maybe someone cleverer than me can find out how to fix the AGNs to get this feature working.Also note that it is NOT possible to specify exactly which texture from each group is used for which building - they are picked randomly by the Autogen code and there is no control over this.I wish you luck in your project to create some Autogen hedges, but from what I have found from my own research and testing so far I suspect that you are going to have trouble ...Good luck anyway!Gerrish

I also tried to get it to work, but still without success. I will continue to do some tests and if I find something, I'll let it know, but I don't expect many results soon :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog