Sign in to follow this  

What do you thing of this?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Greetings to all.I'm posting these preview shots of the scenery I'm making to get your opinion. It's HER/LGIR Heraklion/N.Kazantzakis in Crete.I am using the old technique of multiple square ground polygons resempling a large bitmap which contains the whole airport.These are only day shots, night lighting is also there.I have reduced the size of the textures to 512x512x256 colors simple bmps and did not use DXT since the plain BMP seems to give better quality.The performance is quite good. The airport also includes custom runways, all the taxiway, runway and apron markings, dirt all over and all the access roads of the airport.Please tell me what you thing. Is the quality acceptable?If you wish I can also post night shots. :-)I'd like to thank everybody here for your help.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yeah... right!...It seems I'm getting too anxious and don't crosscheck my messages before posting... :-)I mean 'What you THINK' and not what you 'thing'!Anyway, you got the point!... ;-)George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Looks cool!I guess we agree that it still needs some fine-tweaking, but I bet it will become a winner!ToMey

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Would love to hear suggestions... As I'm almost done with the ground and will move on to the terminal soon.Please tell me what I can do to improve it. I'm open to any comments, good or bad.Thanks,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Hello Gorge,At the first view is quite hard to see what it can be improoved, but for me it looks ok. Normally, the best test is to place the scenery into to the public, so people will be able to see and give you more feedback on the matter. But what ever it is, I hope people will backup your efforts in producing a hight quality scenery.Keep the sky blue.......Rafael Sanchez>Would love to hear suggestions... As I'm almost done with >the ground and will move on to the terminal soon. >>Please tell me what I can do to improve it. I'm open to any >comments, good or bad. >>Thanks, >George Dorkofikis >Athens, Greece