Sign in to follow this  

I finally got my light on the ground, but it's rather..

I finally got my light on the ground, but it's rather...greenish at the tip. I selected a light yellow as the color, and it shows like that, but it gets green at the end. Look at the pic attached. What can be done to remove this green?

is this a texture with an alpha channel, and is the opaque color in the alpha channel green? and was the selection made with either anti-aliasing in place or a feathering?Bob B

Hey Bob. It isn't a texture. I made the pole in gmax and the light effect was made using a triangle and the light_land command, so it's really the FS2002 light effect.

Hey, GrandeAmigo!I answered your post on gmaxsupport.com with a post saying I didn't think this was possible... so glad you proved me wrong! I'm going to rush home tonight and try it! Say, how big was the triangle? I've heard that the size can control the light cone. Also, which way did the axes face to get it casting light straight down?-Bill Womack

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest odog

Mucho GrandeAmigo!good work,could you also explain how you get the light to come on at night? in my test the triangle isnt visible, but at night theres no light.thanks grande!

Good morning to everyone reading this post (to the other also but they will not know it :-)).I made a lot off try to obtain the same result that you do, but nothing, no light on the ground. I follow the tutorial you gave the adress but no light on the ground. I try different size and orientation but nothing. Maybe they haven't paid their bill for electricity in my airport.Is there a tip you use to make this ?After I follow the tutorial I only export as bgl and put it in my scenery do you make something else ?In advance I thank you for helping us to obtain light in our airport.Michel

Hi Michel,I too had a lot of difficulty in placing the light and getting it working, but Leandro was a tremendous help. It turns out that I was doing several things wrong. Here are some things to check:1. The most important thing is that you name the material you use for the light "light_land". That's one of the magic words in MakeMDL that tells the exporter that you want to place a light effect. 2. I'm not sure how important it is to name the light "light_land_1" or anything else for that matter, but I may be quite wrong. I know that in placing other types of lights, it doesn't matter one whit what you name the object, as long as the material is named properly.3. Make your light polygon, and then clone it as suggested in the instructions. Then make sure you link the original poly to the "parent" poly (which would normally be a part of the plane in aircraft design). 4. Using the parent poly (not the child!) rotate the pivot -- the PIVOT ONLY that is, until the blue "z" axis points away from the direction you want the light to shine.5. I have had no luck so far with getting light to shine onto anything but the default ground. I tried making a pier with a light on the end, and the light shone beautifully -- but on the ground below, not on the pier boards themselves. I'm hoping that this is just a misunderstanding on my part and not a limitation of the scenery engine.Hopefully that will help you some. I'll be happy to help you via email with specific issues. I'm sure that with a little tweaking, we can get your lights shining brightly!thanks,Bill Womack

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi spotlope,and thanks for your reply I will try your suggestions in fact I don't made the cloning and also no link with parent poly (only try to have a light in the sky).If you want my e-mail is : mpetronio747@hotmail.comSo if you want you can let me your adress for further exchange.Thks once moreMichel