Sign in to follow this  

New terrain with custom textures?

Hi, I want to create my volunteer hometown in FS2K. In FS2K2, I visited the spot where it should be to see the whole terrain is faulty. Can somebody please give me a short tutorial (or a link to one), what to do for:-1) altering the mesh in some spots-2) give them a photorealistic texture set (textures already acquired)Also, is there an easy way of putting 3D-objects into the scene (with airport/FSSD) that will sit on the slopes and not sink deep into the ground?Thanks for any help,ToMey

1) I don't know - never messed with mesh.2) Search for "Resample Method"3) I don't think there is a way unless you flatten an area OR depending on what the object is (a simple tower or something that doesn't cover too much differing altitude), in Airport you can specify the height above sea level any object is. Of course you could somehow design in gMax the object that would hug you terrain.