Sign in to follow this  

Should i get the Archer2?

Should i?Is it worth the money?Like what are the goods/cons?Please tell me :)

Guest Scott Campbell

Matt,I can't ell you whether or not the payware Archer is worth it, but I have a whole stable of freeware Arrows and Saratogas and Archers and Warriors that are just great.One really well-done Arrow III I have is by Warren Baier. The panel is spot-on and although I did make changes in the air file, it still flies great as is. I can guarantee I'd have to modify the DF Archer, too .;-)

>I can guarantee I'd >have to modify the DF Archer, too .;-) Probably not :). The few little bug's that only "slightly" irritated me, are on the fix list. It's really a great modeled airplane! Excellent panel variations for 2D, as well as a very good looking VC panel. And the exterior looks great too!L.Adamson

Definitely a must have!If you like general aviation, it will bring you much enjoyment. The DF team did a superb job as they usually do.Brent

having experince with the archer2 i can tell you it's worth it.It has a few annoying bugs as with any released flight sim product in the being.The air file reacts as it's counter part with ease.My favorite part about this archer is when i flare and cut the throttle it does not slam to the runway the way the default planes do and you really have to concentrate and fly this plane just as in real life !You get a great model,airfile,textures,VC,text-o-matic,config-o-matic,free liveries,free upgrades and great support from Df if you happen to need it.Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Does the Archer slow down FPS? I noticed on their website they say you can choose an option for photo-realistic gauges. I'm afraid that might slow down the game.Any comments?

It might knock a couple off normal, but I haven't had any problem with it.

>It might knock a couple off normal, but I haven't had any >problem with it. Same hereL.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

The art work is superb and the small touches make this package wonderful. Little things like offering default variations with pilot and 1,2 or 3 passengers in the plane. Sporty's cool Altimeter bugs and weight and balance adjustments, plus FINALLY someone decided Fly!'s left right mouse click is great for adjusting FS knobs too. IMHO the flight model is not as perfect as some have stated .... yet.1. Plane sticks to the runway on takeoff then "leaps" off the runway. I think this is being fixed. 2. Plane runs REALLY lean at 3000 AGL. I do not have any time a real Archer, but question the mixture settings at low altitude.Don't have that much time in it yet, but certainly would recommend it.My hanger is pretty awsome now. Best of class for commercial planes in my opinion are:1. PIC Boeing 767-300 (Most complete - best all around)2. Dreamfleet 737 (Medium Jet)3. R4D NATS (Cargo)4. Piper Cheyenne (FSD)5. Commander (FSD)6. Archer III (Dream Fleet)Great hobby!!BobP :)

>IMHO the flight model is not as perfect as some have stated >.... yet. >>1. Plane sticks to the runway on takeoff then "leaps" off >the runway. I think this is being fixed. YES---http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/6142.html>2. Plane runs REALLY lean at 3000 AGL. I do not have any >time a real Archer, but question the mixture settings at low >altitude. I have not checked 3000' (MSL) because I regularly start at 4600' msl. I just pull the mixture nearly half way.... just as in real life at this altitude. Technically 3000' msl density altitude is a good time to think about leaning. At least this is the view of numerous mountain pilots who deal with it all the time!L.Adamson

Hi Matt.Should you get it? Yes

Guest SoarPics

Hi Kathy,Get well, get well, get well... soon. And don't forget that our thoughts are with you.

And the exterior looks great too!....except there is a slight problem with the visuals where the leading edge of the flap meets the trailing edge of the wing:http://bbb1.inkeeper.net/test/Right_Top.jpgAnd, more great exterior looks from the underside...the lower cabin reinforcement ribs, and expecially the flaps at full deployment:http://bbb1.inkeeper.net/test/Below.jpgA very nice airplane with a few defects.:-wink2Ben's Hangar