Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Tree Islands

Guest rbrown3rd

My new South Florida landclass file renders the Everglades as a featureless marsh texture. This is close to reality but not quite. One of the prominent features out there are "tree islands" but they are too small to render effectively as a default texture. Does anyone have any suggestions for a way of creating these features? I thought of an overlay texture for islands with a transparent alpha channel around them. A sample of what they should look like is below:treeisland.jpg

Hi rbrown3rd.The best solution for this is a 'localised' LandClass ( that has a twin texture sub-folder ).Use the search funtion for this forum with 3 words landclass local textureMake sure to use the AND funtion for the search. Caution... you're going to read some arguments about 'localising' landclass and autogen. But read it first, think about it, then come back with a post, and we can all resume the argument! :-lol Dick

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks. I will go and do my homework and come back.

Should also be some brown (dark) in there too. I need to write to you buddy. I'm from there. Did most of my flying out of North Perry. I know that area like the back of my hand. I'd like to hook up with you on some ideas I have. I'll drop you a line soon.Don