Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

gmax-api-AW object 2x greater

After +/- 5 hours work to understandhow it works, reading a lot off post and try a lot of time I succeed with making an object, texture it and making an API with it using fsregen :-)Now I have a last problem:- my gmax settings are units setup : meters grid / home grid / grid spacing: 1 mI make my object (cube) 95m x 21 x 5 texture it and export it.I make then my api using fsregen and let the settings off the library compiler : Power: 100 / scale : 1 / object type : 0 / object size : 50I make my library source file / compil to bgl / create API macro and compile my xxxlib.asm in bgl.Then when I put the "cube" in my scenery with AW2.6 156 It looks 2 times greater !!!Have somebody a solution ?Thanks a lot for reply.MichelP.S.: Before I use EOD and know try Gmax due to all the good things I read over this prog. . But I have to say that I have a lot off "admiration" for all the peoples making things with this utility, I find that it is really hard to begin with this.

Guest Cazador

Dear Michel:Try to use scale=0.5 in the library compiler.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

Michel, sounds like ur making this hard, and then you are asking "why is this so hard". To some degree, I too want it to all make sense, but we're still allowed to use common sense. As soon as I found that it turned out twice too big (as you've discovered), I made the scale 1/2 outside of gmax. Don't let yourself get bogged down about the obvious stuff. Save that for stuff like multi-textures, lights, and stuff like the bug that makes gmax crash on Sundays if you try to use the material navigator! Bob Bernstein

thanks a lot for this tip and also this philosophy lesson, you are right. :-)I change the scale in AW and it s ok.every day, I learn a lot of new things about those utility, and hope to be soon a help for other users.Michel

Yours crashes on Sunday with the material navigator? Mine seems to hate Tuesday afternoons, and only when I "save as". Don't you just love gmax? I'd forgotten what it was like to live in fear that any button I click might just bring down my system. Takes me back to my first days computing!-Bill Womack

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit