Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

FS2K2 Roads--Again :(

Is there a way to change these terrible textures used for interstate highways????This is probably a VERY old topic by now and I've probably missed this somewhere. But I sure would like to get the highways looking more like they did in FS2K.I searched the libraries and forums but could find nothing on it.Any ideas?Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Guest BrianC

The textures apaprently used for the roads are in SCENEDBWORLDTexture.Brian

You can change the texture, but I think you will have a difficult time getting it to look much better. The problem isn't the texture so much as the fact that the road data is so course.With the new SDK that just came out, maybe we will finally see some improvments. I think FS2002 can actually handle a very large number of different road textures so we may see new scenery addons that feature things like 2 lane freeways where 2 lane freeways should be and 10 lane freeways where 10 lane freeways should be.What we really need is a way to convert the US Census Tiger or USGS Road data into a format that can be used by FS2002 along with correct textures for the different road types and at a very fine resolution. Then we will really have something.THe SDK stuff is way over my head so hopefully some very smart people are working on this right now.Matt