Sign in to follow this  

File-Export in Gmax doesn't show

So I set up gmax from the gamepack (fs2002), put makemadl.exe in the plugins folder, built my sample house but the file-export doesn't work.Can't seem to get beyond this. Any help would be appreciated.Ray

Hi, rwells01!I'm having the same problem here...Do you already solve this problem? If yes, how do you did it?Thanks!Leandro

When you say the file export doesn't work... what exactly is happening? Is there an error when you export, or does the house just not show up as you think it should in FS2002? If it's an error, please provide the text of the error message and someone can help, I'm sure.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I think you mean that the export link in the file menu is not showing.You do not only have to install the MakeMDL.exe file, but also the other files of the gamepack. The gamepack can be found in the GMax folder after installing Fs2002 Pro.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Always you, Arno!!!!The problem was exactly this! I copied all files that was in the plugins folder inside gmax folder (inside FS2002 folder) to the plugins folder inside main gmax folder and now the Export menu is working!Thank you once more! You're the best!!!Leandro

Hi, guys!Well, the menu option "Export..." was not working. So I made what I posted in before this postage, and the menu option "Export..." turns working!But now, when I try to export anything (with the name 'test'), I receive the following error message:"MakeMDL was not found, or failed to convert the model specified in 'C:gmaxmeshestest' to a .MDL file. Check your system patch to ensure MakeMDL is on it."And the log file for "test" is:**************************************************************Running modelStart! (C:gmaxmeshestest)Loading X C:gmaxmeshestest...Error in exporter: Mismatch between # vertex faces (-33) and # normal faces (1) in part Box01.Error!Error!**************************************************************"test" is a simple cube...Anybody could please help me?Leandro

Leandro,When I received no response to my first post, I got more verbose in the second one: Topic #920 where Firestarter succintly answered the question.In my fs2002 I have one folder called gamepacks: fs2002gmaxFlightsimgamepacks; and another folder called plugins: fs2002gmaxFlightsimplugins. Only after placing both files in the fs2002gmaxflightsimsplugin folder (makemdl.exe AND FSModelExp.dle) into the C:gmaxplugin folder would file-export show up. Gamepacks, didn't have anything to do with making export usable for the excercise I was working on, tho' it does have imagetools.exe. Ray

Is your windows set up to use the . as decimal character instead of the , which is common in many European countries for example. This solved the problems for me :)Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Once I loaded both files from the fs2002gmaxflightsimplugins into the plugin folder under C:gmax, the program worked fine. Gamepaks had another tool that wasn't the solution for that particular problem. We use periods in this country. Ray