Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Newly released FS2002 Terrain SDK: taxilines commands.

Guest Claviateur

Oh thanks for the info Arno, so now I am really amazed that no "what you see what you get" tool can do 1 refpoint for the whole tracing to match the points :) Wow very strange no tool has this code writing technique isnt it. When I saw MS example and those clean touching lines in the screnshot I was almost crying heheh. I really do not think I can code manually a whole airport. AAAAAAAaaaaa!(Screaming) :)CheersMichel

Do you have the data in some sort of digital form or do you need to draw it by hand? If you have it in a digital form a converter might be made easy :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Claviateur

Nope I wish I had it, I have to draw it by hand based on common sens since I do not have allot of images on the airport. By the way I was isntalling FSCC 1.5(thanks for the link) but around the end of the file copyingprocess I got asked if I want to replace the file w95inf16.Dll and it mihgt cause a loss of data or something like that so i was scared and said no. SHall I overwrite it or its not a normal message?Cheers :)Michel

I can't remember that I got that question. I would keep the news version of the file.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Understood, but I didn't guess, I used Fssc, which gives us an x,y offset from a refpoint. Now I don't mean I compiled using fssc...no, I just used it to avoid "guessing" point coordinates. for each point I copied it into excel, and then wrote a direct scasm file using one refpoint. It worked great.Bob B

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Gerrish:>>>There is just a little bit of learning left to do as to how to use these commands correctly, and how to call and structure an object drawn with them correctly, but this is no big deal.<<<*** OK, I can do that --- 'Umm; How'm I gonna do that :-).Thanks for the correction(s). I hadn't read the MM docs and realized that FP notation capability existed. I'm hoping some learned SCASM programmer like yourself will develop some routines we can learn from.>>>It (BGLC) has no intrinsic part in MSFS, except that it is used as an interface for compiling output from gMax into BGL and MDL files, and has the advantage of being one of the tools used by MS themselves and supplied with their (always too late) SDK's.<<<***That's comforting to know --- I jumped to the conclusion that BGLC was the (only) base compiler MS is going to be using for it's sims in the future. This was sort of surprising (to me) because I would think that MS would be using C++ and evolvements (C#,etc) as the base assembler/compiler. You're more observant than I in reading the fine print --- You should be a (or are you?) a lawyer :-).***>>>But as Manfred does it all for us in a relatively high-level and easy-to-use form, what on earth is the point?<<<***Except for some unforseen flexibility required in the future, I certainly agree. I simply DO NOT want to abandon SCASM; Firstly, out of appreciation for the work MM has done (for us) and secondly, based on his past performance, I think Manfred can/will do it better than a bunch of cubicle dwellers up in Redmond who appear to be committed to schedule vs quality. Hopefully, they will make note of how some of the Christians, RhumbaFlappys, John Cillis, et al have already advanced the scenery manipulation art above and beyond what MS did in FS2002.I do, however, want to stress that I think I got my money's worth in FS2002. I can't finish my scenery projects because I keep taking time off to fly amongst the trees and waters of this sim.***>>>Please, please, please can we put this nonsense about 'SCASM is dead, BGLC is the way forward' in the trash bin where it belongs before we put Manfred off from continuing to ---<<<***Gerrish I'm sorry I said what I said... I'm going directly now to wash my mouth out with soap --- Err, well at least something foamy. :-).Thanks;J.R.P.S. Can you believe this thread? Taxilines are so easy in Apt, but we seem to be trying to always do it the hard way... What was that you were saying about writing hundreds of lines of code while holding a calculator in one hand?

Guest Claviateur

Thanks for the tip Bob, i wish I know Exell tricks I would have give it a try. Actually I wish the program itslef FSCC merges automatically all taxilines objects under one refpoint. This would be awesomeCheers!Michel