Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS2002 New Resampler.exe anyone noticed that...?

Guest Claviateur

I was already starting a photoreal ground layout using FS Terrain Calculator and FS2000 resampler.So Now I thought to recompile the layout with the new 2002 resampler but the results gave a black border around my photoreal layout. It used to fit perfectly in the LOD without any problem now I see some black all around. MS mentions in the document that its better to use 4 points Lat and Long to make it fit. In my situation I use 1 x,y point with 1 Long Lat reference and the m/pixels resolution and FS Terrain Calculator make the rest of the adjustement to cover the area. With the new resampler it seems different?Also the new resampler seems excluding BGLs object I compiled with Gmax and that fell on the layout. Again with the old resampler the object appeared over the photoreal layout now its not there. Like if it is excluded by the custom ground textures!last but not least did you try Niagara scenery? I placed it in FS and enabled it. But what hapens is that it excluded most of the land around and it becomes all water with roads. Weird isnt it!CheersMichel

I suspect we know a bit more than Microsoft does when it comes to use of resample.exe... I processed the carson city .raw file I use in my Landclass Assistant tutorial using the .inf file they suggest, and the blue border on the southeast is there--a problem identified by early users of my program, which I fixed with an updated .inf file. When I use my .inf file that I uploaded here in June, the landclass updates properly. I've decided that for this and other reasons, I will only support Landclass Assistant with the old FS2000 SDK. No need to force users, many of whom are still on dial-up, to endure a 9 meg download just to get a slightly improved resample.exe...-John