Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Anyone get the TMFViewer to work?

Getting a "This application has failed to start because terraindll.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." error.Any ideas?ThanksJustin

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Claviateur

Yup we need a DLL that was not included. They forgot to include it. Also there is one docuemnt that was released with the proof reader comments. Maybe they will patch itMichel

There is a terrain.dll in the fs2002 folder. Tried placing it in Windows system and system32 folders as awll as the Terrain SDK folder but still not fiund.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Yes, that's the first thing I tried. Got a different cryptic error message, something about "&%$#%*&*#@!(!!) not found in line something or other" which is completely understandable. I feel the same way. &*%$@^%$@*!!Things like this are the reason for beta testing, which presumably is the reason for the delay.Oh well, maybe someone at MS will post the missing .dlls.Justin

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Claviateur

Yes hopefully they will notice that they have a missing DLL and that they released a Word document that they should not have released because it has some Proof Reading notes and those notes might be between employees type of things and not to be shared with the public. So I think somewhere at MS there is an Oops going on as we speakThe SDK might have been packed in a hurry I think because the link from the main page is broken so I had to go through another SDK to get to it...My exitement is in the roads, rivers and coasts SDK, hoping coders will develop some nice 3rd party tools based on themCheers!Michel

Guest christian

Well, at least we know that Laura Hamilton did the proofreading :-lolWithout the dll we can't do anything :-8Christian

Guest christian

Just checked back to their SDK site and they've taken the affected file off. Looks like they're fixing it :-jumpy ! Thanks for listening, M$!Cheers, Christian

Guest Claviateur

Yup I hopeCheersMichel