Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

FS2002 resampler vs FS2000 resampler: What is the diff

Guest Claviateur

Hi,Anyone noticed any major difference between the two resamplers? Is there any enhancement or new options?CheersMichel

The one major difference is the new resample tool processes a .raw file directly to a bgl--no intermediate tmf.... I opened a thread on the main FS forum yesterday detailing my observations regarding the Terrain SDK's impact on landclass updates. At least as far as landclass goes, no new information has come out, and no new functionality is in resample.exe other than what I've already noted....-John

Guest Claviateur

Thanks John, I will keep using the old resampler then to avoid the issues I am facing and I will hope that the SDK was useful in the coasts, roads and rivers infos and some 3rd party tools will show up soon to modify thoseCheersMichhel

it was stated in the sdk and someone else found this to be so that anything that overhangs an lod13 boundry will now show in black. I haven't tried it myself, cuz my fs2000 resample works as I know it, and I don't read in the sdk any new capability I want to add.If it ain't broke....B

Guest christian

You can now do a regions tmf file. I have no clue what they are used for, and we still have to catch up on seasons, etc...Cheers, Christian

Guest Claviateur

Yes I tried it myslef. I had already an under developement ground photoreal texture that I was preparing using the FS Terrain Calculator tool and FS2000 Resampler. The photoreal texture used to fit in the land perfectly. Then after the reslease of the new SDK I just replaced the resampler with the new one and processed the photoreal layout again and here I get black border all around :( I wonder if the LOD calculation is different in the new resampler or as u said its simply brokenCheersMichel

Salut Michel,Perhaps the new version of the resample program no longer automatically clips your image to the LOD 13 grid.From the Custom Terrain document:UseSourceDimensions Specifies the dimensions of the destination image: