Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

GF4 TI 4200

Hello,After reading so many posts about people wanting to changetheir video cards and the recommendations they were getting(including reviews on the web) I decided that I would like to get the new GF4 TI4200 64MB. Does anybody know when this card will be available? Are therecompanies (Asus, Abit, LeadTek...)which offer a better product then others?Thanks

Guest Max Cowgill

The GF4 Ti 4200 should be available by the end of this month. Architecturally, there is little to no difference between any of the different manufacturer's cards (aside from their cooling setup, and the brands of components they use to assemble the board). The only reason to go with one brand over another is extra features like VIVO, dual DVI display adapters, or perhaps the software/cable bundle that comes with the card. If you don't need any of these advanced features, just go for whichever card has the lowest price that you can find, as all of the major manufacturers follow Nvidia's reference design with very little variation.Max Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

>Hello, >>After reading so many posts about people wanting to change >their video cards and the recommendations they were getting >(including reviews on the web) I decided that I would like >to get the new GF4 TI4200 64MB. >>Does anybody know when this card will be available? Are >there >companies (Asus, Abit, LeadTek...)which offer a better >product >then others? >>Thanks Max's reply is spot on and I can only add that there has been a problem in the news of some manufactures skimping on some of the components like the rf filters as well as caps and Rs used for display. :(This has not been good for the ratings of these cards and Nvidia will be trying to address the problem more aggressively with Next new card (Nv30) by trying to "encourage" the manufacturers to follow the reference design more closely. I cant tell who was Skimping, but they did give the nod to the Gainward Power Pack 750 TI 4600 card as having the right stuff as evidenced by its great picture quality as compared to other cards using the same chip.This is very common across the board in almost everything manufactured these days; we consumers have to really watch out for each other as well as ourselves.Take care,Paul

Thanks for the replies. I have one more question. I currently have a GF2 MX400 32Meg.In FS2002 The maximum resolution I can use without a lot ofstuttering is 1152x864. I have a 1 GhZ Pentium III forthe moment running under XP. Will I be able to use higherresolution like 1600x1024 with the GF4 TI4200 without much ofstuttering or is this more of a CPU problem? I am thinking of upgrading my machine but that will only happenin a couple of months.Thanks

Guest PaulL01

>Thanks for the replies. >>I have one more question. I currently have a GF2 MX400 >32Meg. >In FS2002 The maximum resolution I can use without a lot of >stuttering is 1152x864. I have a 1 GhZ Pentium III for >the moment running under XP. Will I be able to use higher >resolution like 1600x1024 with the GF4 TI4200 without much >of >stuttering or is this more of a CPU problem? I am >thinking of upgrading my machine but that will only happen >in a couple of months. >>Thanks If you are getting the suttering from trying to shoot for a higher res, then you will not be disappointed with the GF4TI4200 as High res and great antialiasing is what it does best! :)On the other hand don