Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Help with TMF

I'm making progress, but I have three problems.Grid 3, 2, 31 and 5, 1, 28 doesnt show in FS.(see picture)I wonder if this is the missing landclass-problem or if I have done something wrong?Then it's the problem with moving the shorelines.I'm not getting elevation on the new land-area, but this is maybe corrected when I move the shorelines?

Hi Knnygar.The exclusion of the shorelines should be possible...that's documented in the FS2002 Terrain SDK. That's the last thing to worry about.The missing land may be due to faulty code. Or maybe missing landclass... but I'm not sure. An FS2002-style decal with a priority of 8 ( or better ) will build land in the areas you need, if nothing else works.The elevation might be a problem. MS doesn't document an exclusion bit for LWM ( land/water masks ). That doesn't mean there isn't one. We'll just have to look. You definitely need to exclude the old water-flattens on that peninsula, and that is a big problem in reworking scenery. We may have to try VTPs ( decals ) and experiment with layer priorities. I'm thinking the LWM water-flatten is probably priority layer 3.It may be a couple of weeks before I can tackle your code. The problem is this:I'm writing a TDF calculator ( with some progress ), because fsregen's does not match the terms or style of the SDK, and George seems to be busy just now. In order to do this I've had to learn Delphi. So, it's been "back-to-school" for me, but I should have it in a day or two. :)I'm refining the newer TDF macros, and in doing so, I'm searching for solutions to problems like yours. The old macros are not equiped to deal with exclusion of shorelines, as that needs bit manipulation of the integers. The new macros will handle that, as they mimic the C++ code of the SDK.I'm preparing to write a new tutorial on LWM-BGLC, soon to be followed by a VTP-BGLC tutorial. I'm also involved in a project to re-work CFS2's Pearl Harbor scenery, and I'm falling behind on that. :-ufo2 In truth, I'm only half a step in front of you, as far as knowledge of TDF polygons, so I hope you're patient with me. Your scenery has come a long way... just a few short months ago, what you are doing was thought impossible by all, except for 3 or 4 people!Dick

Thank you very, very much for your help so far :-)I appreciate it very much.The most important problem for me now are the shorelines and the disappearing islands.I have tried to move the islands one square and they disappear, so it seems that grid 5,2,30 and 3,2,31 does not have land underneath :-(I downloaded the Landclass Assistant, but that didn't help me much.

Hi Knnygar.I believe you do have a landclass problem. Here's a couple of pics showing the problem. I masked 2 LOD8 Cells with land ( 396,78 and 396,79 ). The area should now be completely land, but there are holes in the underlying landclass.I'll play with the landclass tomorrow, to see if I can plug the holes! If I'm successful, I'll send you the small landclass BGL ( I think I have your e-mail address ). That should solve that problem, and allow you to finish the land/water masking.Next week, shorelines!Dick

I managed to correct one of the islands, but the other is impossible to get right :-(The colours are not quite right, but thats for another time.

The only thing I can think of, concerning those colors, is that you are not using the landclass BGL I sent you, or you have a twin texture sub-folder with your scenery. That will mess up the landclass. You don't need a texture sub-folder.Create a folder called "islands", and into that make a folder called "scenery". Put your BGLs into the "scenery" folder, and add the "islands" folder to the sim with the Scenery Library ( no twin "texture" folder ).Dick.