Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Looking for a colaborator.....

I'm looking for someone who is skilled in Land Class scenery to work on a scenery project. I have been working on several Vermont airports and the default, and FSLandclass scenery packs are ok but not quite 80% perfect. I would like to add in small (around the airport) landclass files that are more accurate. I can't seem to get my head around Land class assistant so I'm hoping someone might to try to work together on something.Either reply here or send to Briglad@aol.comThanksBrian

Hi Brian.A landclass area's smallest possible size is one LOD13 area ( and I've never been able to compile less than a group of 4 ). So your small area may not work as a landclass BGL.If you can wait a couple of weeks, I'll have a comprehensive TDF-BGLC ( Terrain Data File ) tutorial package that will show you how to change the landclass in an area as small as 4.8 meters square, using a VTP Method2 polygon ( because that's exactly what that VTP type does ). Those polygons will be able to be sized up to LOD8 ( 39136 meters square at the equator ). The restriction is the shape must be split into generally convex shapes, and is cutoff at the LOD8 ( Cell )border. You can add Cells to complete the shape if needed.The texture may be a default landclass type ( with autogen ), or a custom texture ( with custom autogen ).Dick

If the resolution of Landclass Assistant isn't a problem, feel free to email me--I can help you, and also let you use my latest beta update, which allows you to "paint" landclasses onto the grid, vs. clicking one grid cell at a time, thus helping for faster updates than the standard landclass assistant. As an alternative (and for the benefit of everyone), I can discuss things in this thread. As the other post pointed out, default landclass handling has a resolution of 1.2 kilometers, and also effects adjacent tiles.... I'm eager to see the new methods discussed in the post...-John

Thanks for the info Guys,I'm looking at making stuff at the city level so something a kilometer or two across is ok.Brian

Guest nhill

OK Brian, I'll wade in here also. It looks like you might be able to use the 1.2 km resolution from FSLandclass. I have fairly extensive working knowledge of the textures offered by FS 2002 and maybe able to help. What I don't have are Burkhard's working files for your area, just Calif, Montana and Ariz. If you E-mail me, and include a photograph of the real life area(s)I may be able to suggest a texture close to what you need.JohnCi, I very much appreciate your work. While I don't use your program directly (I use Burkhard's FSLC) some of your techniques have helped my consirably. Maybe your new "painting" concept can get around the issue of my having no developer files for Brian's area. Keep up the good work.

I do have the FS land class files (I downloaded the developers files but I just use the bgl files) I'll go through and see if I can find the source files for you and some photos.Either that or I drop the extra cash for the full version of the program and give it a whirl myselfBrian

Guest nhill

Brian, if you have the FSLC developers kit for your area you have all you need to make and save changes, no more money outlay is needed. I have spent many, many hours using Burkhards program and also concentrated study of FS textures and their attributes in order to place them them for most realistic effect. There is a learning curve with his program but the end result can be very realistic. I'll be looking forward to the pictures.

I got my "key" from FSShare center for the actual FSLandclass program. Now I put this file in the FSLandclass folder like the e-mail said and when I open the program I still get the message I'm running in the demo mode and can only open Jamaica. any Ideas before I send them a nasty E-mail?????Brian

Hi John,can you please explane what you mean with "paint landclss onto the grid"? It sounds, like it will make working with LC Assistant even easier!?Regards,Wolfgag