Sign in to follow this  

graphics question

Hi all, I found I don't know how to re-assemble a dxt1 file without losing edits I want to make in a lower mip image. I don't want to edit the main image, just change some lower mips. I have bmpext, bmp2000, bmpdxt, convim, and of course the image editors. So far, my editing of the mips appears fine, but the saving in bmpdxt process results in a totally blank image. If I do a "save as" dxt1, then it recomputes the mips and my edits are lost.I'm finding that my fence texture looks great at the best res, but lower mip images can't display the "knit" of the wires, and it needs to be replaced with a semitransparent film at those distances.Thanks in advance,Bob Bernstein

First create your different versions of the bitmap, at say 1024 and 256. Convert both into images of the format you want to use, probably using ImageTool. Then using ImageTool (as far as I know this is the only way to do this) go to Image, Add MipMaps and load in the 256 image - it will then fill in all the slots from 256 down but leave the 1024 and 512 mips intact. You can do this for any transition you want, just make sure you compile them starting at the largest size and load in each successively smaller Mip.Have funFinn

Thanks Finn, sounds like a good solution. Hadn't thought of using imagetool.Sure is nice to have this forum when you get stuck.B