Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Merging many objects under 1 refpoints. Need advise plz

Guest Claviateur

Hi,I am trying to find an easy trick to merge the different FS2002 taxilines objects generated by a what you see what you get program under one refpoint to get all the lines to touch each others perfectlyIs there any way to automate this process or a trick to make the merging brings all x and y from different objects under the same reference?Thanks!Michel

I think that will be hard.As far as I know the only program to support merging refpoints is GroundMaker, so you could try to draw it there using roads/lines and then use the coordinates generated by it to make the TaxiMarkings.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Claviateur

Good idea, I have Groundmaker and I will try this :)Thanks!Michel

Guest Claviateur

Hi Arno,I tried Groundmaker V4 and I enabled in the Scenery properties the Merging Refpoint for Lines. I then did a fast test by drawing 2 lines objects, then generated a scasm file but in the scasm I still see 2 refpoints blocks :( Any idea on how It really works in this program?Thanks againMichel

the only way I know how to do it is to compile using your gui at least one of the ref points. Then abandon the gui except to calculate the position of points, and manually add them to the existing scasm. You should only have to learn the syntax of the command, the x, y, coord...and that can be imitated from what the gui provided. All the rest of the scasm should not need to be edited, so it really means you are hand making a list of points, and typing those points.Bob B

I took a quick look and it seems the merge refpoint option only works for TexPoly's. I think that you would need to leave the GUI then and do it by hand.Maybe you can take the coords from the source file of the scenery (the file the design program saves), these use a single refpoint.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Claviateur

Thanks gentlemen I will give it a try :) Hand coding is no more scaring me but what is scaring me is geting all those X and Y points. Now I am trying to see if AFCad plots the AI tracks the same way scasm lines are ploted for exemple because I can link it to FS and pan around and trace precise tracks, save them and get from the source file the x,y to be pasted in my scasm taxilines code.Cheers!Michel