Sign in to follow this  

Taximarkings SDK...

Hello!I would like to know if somebody already made use of this tool from Microsoft?I'm trying to use it, but I don't know exactly the ASM file format, and how to compile it.Somebody could help me, please? (sending me a file that works, for example?)Thanks!

Guest Claviateur

Welcome to the club :) I am also trying to get something working. Actually my issue is to be able to locate the x,y to be codedCheersMichel

You can also use Airport or FSSC, these two programs already support the TaxiMarking commands (using SCASM).The only problem you can then get is to align all the lines correct so they match exactly at the end points. We are still trying to find an easy way to do that.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Michel,Just thought of another way to get it working. I think you can also make it in FSSC or Airport as one long line. Were they don't connect you just jump to the start of the next line and later in the source you must set those segmets to invisible by hand. That might be faster :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi, guys!I know that the Airport and FSSC already support the new TaxiMarkings commands. But I would like to learn about make "arcs" with the Microsoft Tool, that build arcs much more accurate then Airport or FSSC...One simple question: What program is used to compile a TaxiMarking file? Would be the BGLC.EXE program?Thanks!

Yep, BGLC.Arno

Arno

Thanks, guys!But I would to see a complete workable with BGLC font file (*.ASM).I tried to use the example inside the TaxiMarkings documentation, but it didn't work.Someone would have a functional .asm file (that compiles with BGLC)?If yes, send me by e-mail, please, or post here!Thanks!

I thought I could just paste the example from the SDK in one of my ASM files, but that didn't seem to work. I got all sort of syntax errors or MS has a different BGLC or they didn't check their example. Well, at least, here is the working one. I think I have removed all strange things :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a][tt]header label word dw 0001 ; 00 World set number dd 00043D43FH ; 02 North bound dd 00043D40DH ; 06 South bound dd 0E38E38E4H ; 10 East bound dd 0E38E38E2H ; 14 West bound dw 20 dup(0) dd (offset OBJECT_DATA) - (offset header) dw 33 dup(0) OBJECT_DATA label word db 21 ;;LATBAND_REL dw 021EAh ;;lat min (inclusive) 512M units dw 021EBh ;;lat max (exclusive) dd (offset OBJECT_0) - (offset OBJECT_DATA) db 0 ;;EOL OBJECT_0 label BGLCODE db 12 ; NEAR_FAR_HUGE_OBJECT_HEADER dd 00043D426h,0E38E38E3h ; latitude,longitude db 100 ; image power dd (offset OBJECT_0_END) - (offset OBJECT_0) OBJECT_0_START label word ADDCAT BGL_TAXI_test, 40 ; CAT_GROUND_ELEMENT JUMP object_endBGL_TAXI_test: SCALE_AGL taxi_done, 10000, 101, 131072, 00043D426h, 038E4h, 0E38E38E3h, 08E39h, 0, 0 BGL_TAXI_MARKINGS taxi ; starts the BGL_TAXI command marking and points to the end BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 20.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 20.0, -30.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 30.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 170.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 180.0, -30.0 BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 180.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 170.0, -180.0 BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE 30.0, -180.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SOLID_EDGE 20.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SOLID_EDGE 20.0, -30.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 20.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 20.0, 170.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 30.0, 180.0 BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 170.0, 180.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 180.0, 170.0 BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 180.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 170.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED 30.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_DASHED_EDGE 20.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_DASHED_EDGE 20.0, 40.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -180.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -180.0, 170.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -170.0, 180.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -30.0, 180.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -20.0, 170.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -20.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -30.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -170.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SPLIT_EDGE -180.0, 30.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SPLIT_EDGE -180.0, 40.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -180.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -180.0, -30.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -170.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_SPLIT_EDGE_LIGHTED -30.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE_LIGHTED -20.0, -30.0 BGL_TAXI_SOLID_EDGE_LIGHTED -20.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED -30.0, -180.0 BGL_TAXI_DASHED_EDGE_LIGHTED -170.0, -180.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SOLID_EDGE -180.0, -170.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_SOLID_EDGE -180.0, -100.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_CENTER_LIGHTED 0.0, -200.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_CENTER_LIGHTED 0.0, 200.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_CENTER_LIGHTED -200.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_CENTER_LIGHTED 200.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, -10.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 10.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 20.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, -10.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER -10.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER -20.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 10.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 10.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 20.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_BREAK BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER 0.0, 10.0 BGL_TAXI_ARC BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER -10.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_INVISIBLE_CENTER -20.0, 0.0 BGL_TAXI_RUNWAY_HOLD 30.0, -20.0, 30.0, 20.0 BGL_TAXI_ILS_HOLD -30.0, 20.0, -30.0, -20.0 BGL_TAXI_HOLD -20.0, -30.0, 20.0, -30.0taxi_end_list label wordtaxi_done label wordobject_end label wordOBJECT_0_END label wordEOF[/tt]

Arno

Guest Claviateur

Hi Arno :)Thanks for the tips. I shall try either FSSC or Airport to use the line template. As the matter of fact i use Architect2002 and I like it in all aspect and especially that there is a plugin that was released to trace the 2002 taxilines . The plugin works very well inthe program itself and we can trace one long line and use invisible or break commads to move the tracing elsewhere but what is not working is the final result. For some reason the line gets all sort of weird things hapening in FS2002 due to this long tracing process. I think it might be a scale thing or something else. So maybe the handcoding is my final ressource using a casual line as a x,y reference.My dream is to have a program like AFCad for scenery design were we can link it to the running FS and slew around in both programs and plot very precise lines to be converted as taxiways but also to the new coastlines that the SDK speaks about or other FS2002 objects. As I said before I am starting the sing my Fiddler on the roof song:"If I was a coder yabadabadabadabadabada":)Cheers!Michel

Hi, Arno! Thank you very much for this example. I think that with this example, I will get my scenery's taxilines. If appear another doubts, I'll post here, OK? ;)See you later!

Hello!Arno, some more questions:How exactly works the hexadecimal coordinates?Could you please explain more exactly the SCALE_AGL command (with all parameters)?I'm reading the BGLC documentation, but I'm not understanding this command (SCALE_AGL)...And about your example, were that taxilines appears inside Flight Simulator (coordinates)?Thanks once more!

Aha forgot to mention :), I placed it on my test location, N40 W40, that's in the middle of the ocean.The latitude in is meters from the equator and the longitude is in pseudodegrees (angle * (2^32-1) / 360).But when you find it hard to calculate them, you can also use GMax to export something to the coords you want and then just take them from the source (don't forget to change the header then too).Arno

Arno

Guest GerrishGray

Hi LeandroYou might be more familiar with the SCALE_BGL command as RefPoint( rel ...) in SCASM - if you use SCASM at all, that is?The problem of calculating values of Latitude and Longitude for use in BGLC code is easily overcome by using Christian Stock's little txt2asm.exe utility which translates coordinates written in DMS format into the required values.Hope this helps a bitGerrish

Hi!I definitively don't know how to convert coordinates in hexadecimal number...So, could someone please convert this coordinate to me?S20* 15.44W40* 17.19Better, could someone please explain how looks like a negative hexadecimal format?Thanks!Leandro

Gerrish, where can I download this file (Christian Stock's little txt2asm.exe)?Thanks!Leandro