Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Taxi Lights On Polygons

I'm using the polygon feature in Airport to create some taxiways. When I use short segments of the polygon to make sweeping arcs or curves, the taxiway light feature seems to place the points of light in the center of each segment of the polygon, instead of placing them on the polygon points themselves. In many sceneries, the taxiway lights seem to be precisely on the polygon points, which I think looks better. How can I position the taxiway lights on the polygon points instead of having them show up in between the points ? Along the same lines, I have seen some sceneries that seem to create the taxiways by first placing a large, asphalt-textured polygon over a large area. Then they position smaller grass-textured polygons over it in order to define where the taxiways actually are. It's kind of a backwards approach, but perhaps there is some benefit to doing it this way ? Although when I try this approach and create grass polygons with taxiways points, the lights also fall in the middle of the segments, so the same situation occurs. Thanks for any advice. I am relatively new to the forum, having recently decided to try to recreate my ASD sceneries in Airport so that they can be compatible with FS2002 and beyond. The help is greatly appreciated.

Could you provide a screen shot! Also visit the AFW Forum at www.flightsim.com .

JPEG attached. Here is what I am referring to. I would like to get the taxi light points on the points where the red arrows are as opposed to the center of each segment where they currently are. I have been creating the polygon and then setting each segment of the polygon with taxiway lighting using the "taxi" button in APW. I have the lighting apcing set at 35 meters.

I am afraid this is just the way Airport makes the scenery. Maybe changing the spacing of the lights can have an influence on the position?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

You can also use the Lines/Line of 3D Objects, enable the light feature and draw you taxiway edge lines. I don't know if the lights will come out where you want them using that method either.