Sign in to follow this  
Guest nhill

New Pacific NW Landclass files uploaded

Guest nhill

Hi all. There comes a time in the life of all projects that you must shoot the Engineer, and get on with it. To that end I have stopped "dinking" with my personal start-from-scratch "remake" of Pacific NW landclass files and sent them to the AVSIM library. I've made a special effort to capture the visual "feel" of the area, and kept the texture type count under 20 for faster load time and memory usage. The area covers from Monterey, Ca on the south to above Vancouver, BC on the north (I included two northern california LC areas I am currently working on). This is rev A, but this is an ongoing project and I will continue to work on them. I am open to corrections (pictures would be helpful) or special requests having to do with Washington, Oregon and California as I am familier with this part of the USA. I hope you enjoy them.

Guest jkramer51

There must be something wrong with my system or there must be a program I need to use LC. When I installed your's & put it below PDX I got big different squares. No rivers, city. I could see the downtown cause the buildings, but it looked like out in the country and that's it. I've tried others in the passed but they looked like fs4 textures. I'll just stick with the sceneries I have.JohnAMD 1900+512mgs ramvisiontek geforce 2 ti 64mgswin ME

Guest nhill

There is nothing in my files that would cause your problem. But here are 2 ideas. 1) Put the Nha64n17.bgl file directly into the "scenery" folder and go to either KSEA or KPDX, get up in the air and look around. If you still see the "big different squares" you have a problem in the program setup. I regularly use others Land Class files, both directly into the scenery folder and under "Add-on scenery" and never have a problem. 2) When putting my files into the "Add-on scenery" folder, DO NOT ADD an empty "texture" folder in with the "scenery" folder, this may cause the problem you are seeing. Only the one scenery folder , with my .bgl files inside the "Neil's LC folder" should be included.I hope this helps.

Guest jkramer51

I'll give it a try. I did have an empty texture folder in the folder I made.John

Guest jkramer51

That was it. When I removed the texture folder from my lc folder then it worked. Looks great. ThanksJohn

Guest nhill

Glad to be of help. By the way the northern California area is not 100% complete. I don't like my rendition of the "dry grass looking" area of the Sacramento valley very much and am still working on it. I hope to come out with Central and Northern California files in a couple of weeks.

Feel free to use the landclass update I did a while back for California if it will help you out at all. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get it just right. I live in Northern CA so am pretty familiar with how it should look. You should be able to find it here on AVSIM.Matt Fox

Guest nhill

Hi Matt, I was wondering where you had gotten to. One of the reasons I was working on the Northern CA (and Central CA) was to try to capture the "dry grass" look I remembered from the Sacramento Valley, as well as my main reason for doing landclass at all which is more realistic cities/towns. There will be many that prefer your version, and that is alright. I think Orlando did a great job of capturing the "dry grass" look in his LA landclass section. I am also working on a San Diego section to complement it, which will allow flying from Mexico to British Columbia over improved landclass files, whoever the author is. By the way, where in northern California are you located? I grew up in Oroville and worked for PT&T in Auburn, Placerville, Yuba City and San Francisco before finishing college and moving to the Seattle area.Good to see you still around.