Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

Building crash detection

Guest jlwoodward

In some of my add on sceneries, if you are in spot view and pan around you get a building crash, even when the plane is not close to a building. In one of my own sceneries I parked a plane near a hanger, but well clear of it, and next time I started FS it would not permit the start up position because of a building crash, and required selecting a different flight like Meigs.Checking the ignore crash button in FS usually stops the problem. No big deal, but I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this?Thanks,John Woodward

I have seen this before, mostly with scenery made with FSDS. The method used there for crash detection just uses a bit too large box (due to wrong placed points or strange shapes most of the time), causing you to crash while you are away from the object.Best way to remove it, is making the object without crash dectection or with a better (more complex) one.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Why would you have crash detection?Turn it off, don't use it.It takes sooooooooooooo looooooooooooooong to restart that I never use it. Consider a wing clipping a light pole.What's the point of waiting minutes to reset when all you really have to do is say "oops". and carry on down the taxiway.

Guest christian

yes, and you can't fix it (unless you can hexedit).In the bgl the author has used the wrong crash flag. It doesn't check if the plane collides with the building as it should have been done, but if your viewpoint collides with the building. The solution is to not let you viewpoint collide with the building.Cheers, Christian