Sign in to follow this  

Convert LWM to VTP ?

I have made a landarea using LWM area/areapoint.Can I use the same values for the shoreline or do I have to convert to VTP2 points?If so, what is the easiest way of converting from LWM area/areapoint to VTP2points?Also, how do I connect the LWM-polygons when I use them to raise the land?Is it just to place them close enough, or is there a trick with the angle and distance between them?

Hi knnygar.Look to this post for an LWM re-mesh example.Re-mesh code]I think you are misunderstanding the reason of my using a tiny 2-point polygon to prop up the mesh. I place the points closely together so as to have as little[/i impact on the mesh as possible. In the above example, I raised the mesh with only 5 tiny 2-point polys. Try an exercise to raise a small hill 50 meters above the mesh with one tiny 2-point LWM polygon. The terrain engine will take care of the work. You just establish a point, and the sim does the rest.I don't think you'd need more than 10 polys to rework an area completely, and my example was pretty complicated with only 5 tiny polys. It's not going to be a village of tents, but very sparsely placed poles to raise the mesh. Otherwise, you'd end up with hundreds of polys, and hours of coding just to alter one LOD13 Area.See how I laid down a no-height blanket over the land area with: LWMPoly2 16, 0, 1, -9999, 0That stopped the previous flattens from affecting any more poly elevations I use. Now the mesh will respond correctly to the few "tent poles" I place.Dick

Now, I managed to put the shorelines in place, but I'm having some problem with raising the land :-(It's bedtime so I must get some sleep, I will try more tomorrow.But if someone have any tips I would appreciate it :-)This is the code I used for the area on the picture:;-------------------------------- LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons 4, 3, 1, 18, 28; LWMPoly2 14, 0, 0, 0, 0; LWMPoint 73, 96; LWMPoint 0, 50; LWMPoint 0, 255 LWMPoly2 4, 0, 1, -9999, 0 LWMPoint 0, 0 LWMPoint 255, 0 LWMPoint 255, 255 LWMPoint 0, 255 LWMPoly2 2, 0, 1, 500, 0 LWMPoint 250, 150 LWMPoint 249, 149 LWMPoly2 2, 0, 1, 400, 0 LWMPoint 50, 200 LWMPoint 50, 201 LWMPoly2 2, 0, 1, 400, 0 LWMPoint 50, 50 LWMPoint 50, 49 datamark_27 label word;--------------------------------

Hi knnygar. Try raising the land next to the cliff first.. then work your way down the peninsula. I think the tiny flattens will pick up the mesh at the cliff area, and you may be able to "lure" it out into the flatten area. :)If that doesn't work, then try long 2-point flattens from the cliff to the point of the peninsula, and see if that can form a spine of elevation to help the remesh.This is very new stuff you're doing, and will take some experimentation.Your project has come a very long way! I'm glad it's working out.Dick

:-)I did it!It doesnt look to smooth, but I'm satisfied for now :-)

Hurray!Well done.For others reading this string of posts, Go to the forum search function, and look up posts by 'knnygar'.What you'll get is a fascinating look at one of the first reworks of FS2002 scenery, using the newer TDF-BGLC techniques ( LWMs and VTPs ).You'll see the problems knnygar encountered, and how his perseverence paid off.TDF and BGLC can be learned, and can be used right now, to rework the terrain and textures of FS2002 and CFS2.Dick:-jumpy

Thank you very much, but I could never ever have done this without your help :-)So keep up the good work! :-sun1Btw, I hope to publish the scenery on flightsim.no and maybe Avsim.com in about a week :-cool