Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Visibility settings

Hi all!i've got a few questions to ask.1 If you compile group of buildings (built in gmax) into a single bgl, is it possible to alter the visibility setting individually or do i have to compile them separately? The problem is that if you are close to one of the buildings and the others are situated let's say 1km away all of them appear at the same time. In actual fact I've had a look at the g-max Md83 model found in the samples folder of Fs2002. I've noticed that each and every part was named e.g wheel01_LOD_70. I thought that perhaps this could be the solution but it didn't work because i renamed one of the buildings in that way and it simply never appeared. Does anyone know what actually happens when naming a part or building with LOD_xx?2 What is the minimum visibility you can assign toa building? I've tried setting the visibility below 2000m when compiling but when i get close to the object it disappears.TNX in advanceRegardsDaniel.

>1 If you compile group of buildings (built in gmax) into a >single bgl, is it possible to alter the visibility setting >individually or do i have to compile them separately? The >problem is that if you are close to one of the buildings and >the others are situated let's say 1km away all of them >appear at the same time. That is the reason I don't make all my objects in one scene. By making a seperate GMax file for each object and then placing them with a scenery design program I have better control over the ranges.>In actual fact I've had a look at the g-max Md83 model found >in the samples folder of Fs2002. I've noticed that each and >every part was named e.g wheel01_LOD_70. I thought that >perhaps this could be the solution but it didn't work >because i renamed one of the buildings in that way and it >simply never appeared. Does anyone know what actually >happens when naming a part or building with LOD_xx? You can use LOD, but I have never tried it. The problem stays that there is still one RefPoint and that the main visibility range is meassured from that point.>2 What is the minimum visibility you can assign toa >building? I've tried setting the visibility below 2000m when >compiling but when i get close to the object it disappears. I haven't checked it in GMax, but is should be possible to use smaller visibilities.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest christian

I had a play with that:LOD_xx is per part LOD, and is what you want to do.I think you just did it the wrong way round! You need 2 LOD models for each part. LOD_00 means detailed LOD when you are close. LOD_70 would be displayed when you go further away. If you only use LOD_70, but no LOD_00, then there will be no model when you are close, and the LOD_70 model when you are further away.LOD_xx gets translated to IFVISV (if I remember right). You can play with those values in the asm sources. Read the FS2000 scenery SDK...Cheers, Christian

Yes Christian is right LOD_xx does indeed get translated to IFVISV. Dan

Guest GerrishGray

Do we mean IFVIS or IFSIZEV, guys? (there's no such opcode or macro as IFVISV)I like to use IFSIZEV because of its 'zoom' effect :-kewl If you use this command (or IFSIZEH) to control the level of detail for near/far modelling, then zooming in on a distant reduced-detail scene reveals the close-up detail.CheersGerrish