Sign in to follow this  

Here's a new one...

I'm working on a new scenery, and have run into a problem. When I have the scenery active and try to take-off the sim locks up just after leaving the ground. With the scenery inactive, in the same spot no problems. Has anyone seen this before?Thanks,Dale BakerPS. This is a bush scenery, so no default airport is involved.

Guest Barney1

One could say "Yes" and end this reply right now. But I doubt if that's why you took the time to write.I suspect you're looking for a solution to what appears to be a problem. In order to attempt to find one, a lot more pertinent information is required. For starters, what method of inserting the scenery is being used? Are you using a design program such as Airport 2.6? What makes up the scenery file? Are you inserting objects, and if so, how are they created; creating exclude and / or flatten switches; altering terrain and / or landclass?

Hello Barney,Haven't seen your post's since I quit hanging out over at Flightsim, it got too hard to get in there.I'm back to using Airport 2.60 with the latest build. I have tried letting the Airport programdo the installation, and installing it myself with the same results. I have created an exclude file which didn't help either. This is on a pretty flat piece of ground along side a lake. I get the same problem whether doing a water or land take-off. Just after lift-off the sim just locks up.The only thing new I've added is Gerrish Gray"s trees. I'm going to go back and take them out to see if anything changes. I keep thinking something visually is trying to load and that's what is causing the lock-up.I'm not messing with the terrain elevation or land class.Thanks,Dale

Barney,I took out the trees and it worked fine. I'll see if I can work around the problem.Thanks,DB