Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max Cowgill

Official News About NV30

Guest PaulL01

>Well, at the risk of sounding harsh, I hope someone comes >along and knocks Nvidia down a few notches. I have nothing >against their product, but with it being really the only >card in town, they rape you every six months. Can't good >cards be produced with it costing a third of a new computer >to buy one. That sucks IMHO. Wow, I feel better now. I hear what your saying, But I dont think its any different with CPU's. Its just that things change that fast. :) So if you want to Shop wisely I always recommend to shop just behind the technology curve, A few monthes ago I put my complete setup together for under $1100, All using some of the best Hardware that was sold locally but at discount pricing and that includes A 19" SyncMaster955DF monitor and fast WD40 gig HD. It isn't the "Fastest" system, but it will run neck and neck with most brand name XP1900s and P4-2.0 systems costing 2-3x as much.But like Max said, the competition will be good for all. :)Paul

Hi Max,Good info...its funny how we no longer talk about CPU's anymore...the prices are just so low for the horsepower and the bucks have shifted over to the GPU's...! Now did I get it right that the NDA is lifting on the Matrox product in two weeks? I always loved Matrox...and left them for the horsepower of 3dfx....until they went belly up. I have been on the Nvidia bandwagon for about 1 year or so. It will be nice to have a new sheriff in town....! Keep us informed here at the forum.RegardsTony

Guest Max Cowgill

Tony, whether or not the product (and the NDA for that matter) is from Matrox is purely speculation on the part of myself and others. The NDA will be up within two weeks, then we'll find out what all this hype is about :)Max Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

Know doubt about it, the aformentioned new "item" is the Matrox "Parhelia".I am told it will be only a partial DX9 compatable board but will have a feature that the fully DX9 compatable NV30 board wont, what? I have know Idea and dont care to speculate as these are all just rumors and it will all be known soon enough. :-roll Sooooo what'll ya have mate? :):-beerchug Paul

Lets not forget the reality check, it will be the best for all of two minutes, which is the time the right driver version will actually work properly for the sim you want, then you'll tweak and it will not have enough of something :-lolRay

Guest PaulL01

>Lets not forget the reality check, it will be the best for >all of two minutes, which is the time the right driver >version will actually work properly for the sim you want, >then you'll tweak and it will not have enough of something >:-lol >>Ray Yeah Good point! That and the fact that there will be nary a game that you can buy that will be able to take advantage of the features! Always buy behind the curve. Night Ray,Paul

Guest Max Cowgill

>Know doubt about it, the aformentioned new "item" is the >Matrox "Parhelia". >>I am told it will be only a partial DX9 compatable board but >will have a feature that the fully DX9 compatable NV30 board >wont, what? I have know Idea and dont care to speculate as >these are all just rumors and it will all be known soon >enough. :-roll >>Sooooo what'll ya have mate? :) >>>:-beerchug >>Paul So you concede defeat Paul? Hoohoohoohaha! Techno-hulk strikes again! ;) j/k I'll take a Sam Adams if ya got one :) :-beerchugMax Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

>>Know doubt about it, the aformentioned new "item" is the >>Matrox "Parhelia". >>>>I am told it will be only a partial DX9 compatable board but >>will have a feature that the fully DX9 compatable NV30 board >>wont, what? I have know Idea and dont care to speculate as >>these are all just rumors and it will all be known soon >>enough. :-roll >>>>Sooooo what'll ya have mate? :) >>>>>>:-beerchug >>>>Paul >>So you concede defeat Paul? No, I'll only concede this virtual Sam Adams! :-lol:-beerchug Paul

Guest Max Cowgill

>>So you concede defeat Paul? >>No, I'll only concede this virtual Sam Adams! :-lol >>:-beerchug >>Paul LOL, stubborn to the bitter end, eh Paul? Just like me ;):-beerchug Max Cowgill

Guest Max Cowgill

Good point Leon!! Doom III is going to bring every graphics card in existance to its knees to try and produce even 30fps at moderate detail. John Carmack is targeting Doom III specifically at NV30 (said so himself in his .plan updates last year).Max Cowgill

Hi!I just bought and installed the new card featuring the NV30/3Dlabs dual processor 1 gig memory graphics cards and I'm shocked. There is no increase in framerates at all. My textures load faster but when at a major airport with my sliders maxed out i still get 4 - 6 fps.What gives......

Guest PaulL01

>Hi! >I just bought and installed the new card featuring the >NV30/3Dlabs dual processor 1 gig memory graphics cards and >I'm shocked. There is no increase in framerates at all. My >textures load faster but when at a major airport with my >sliders maxed out i still get 4 - 6 fps. >What gives...... Its probably to things, First I noticed in your specs that your running an old XP2400 so I dont know what you expect as your new card demands at the min a 3.gig unit.Also make sure you have 8x AGP selected and that you are runing an aperture size of 10gig some my even find an actual performance Boost going with the Max 20.gig size.Let us know how it goes...Paul000-0001

Guest Max Cowgill

>Hi!>I just bought and installed the new card featuring the NV30/3Dlabs >dual processor 1 gig memory graphics cards and I'm shocked. There is >no increase in framerates at all. My textures load faster but when at >a major airport with my sliders maxed out i still get 4 - 6 fps.>What gives...... I hope you're not implying this is something I would say, because if you are, you don't know me at all. By the tone of your post in my "3DLabs Next-Gen VPU" thread, and the fact that you decided to post this directly beneath my post leaves me with the impression that you are implying this is something I would say. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because if I am then there's no need for this to degenerate into some sort of flame war. Even if you're not implying this is something I would say, but something "Joe Average" might, I still take offense at it. There's no need to put down your fellow simmers in such a manner. We're all here to help each other.Max Cowgill

Guest PaulL01

Max, Chill Man!Take a look at the subject line; this is something we do here all the time. Its called Humor. :) Ihor is just making jest that you will still see the same kind of griping that you see now no matter how good and great the next hardware is.Touchy, touchy, touchy, its that guilty conscious about not buying me those two beers that