Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max Cowgill

Official News About NV30

Guest Max Cowgill

>Max, >>Chill Man! >>Take a look at the subject line; this is something we do >here all the time. Its called Humor. :) Ihor is just making >jest that you will still see the same kind of griping that >you see now no matter how good and great the next hardware >is. >>Touchy, touchy, touchy, its that guilty conscious about not >buying me those two beers that

Yup!I was kidding!In another thread, I really mixed!!!!

Guest Max Cowgill

>Yup! >I was kidding! >In another thread, I really mixed!!!! s'ok, I assumed it was just humor, that's why I didn't jump down your throat right away and instead questioned what you meant by your statements.Max Cowgill

"Moderate detail" in DOOM III under an NV30 will still make your eyes water, your mouth hang loose, and your pants wet. :-) While some may dismiss the possibility of DOOM III being id's first truly story-based single-player adventure, one cannot discount the fact that many future games will be built upon or at least inspired (FS2K2 features some graphical enhancements that were previously only seen in Quake III) by it's technology. The imminent (we hope) release of DOOM III heralds the next generation of computer gaming.I hear that DOOM III is focusing less on the mapping of prerendered textures to polys and more on creating enough polys to render those tiny perturbations on a surface, thus creating a play of light and shadow which forms a real texture that responds dynamically to the lighting of the environment. My guess is that the release of FS2K4 or 6 is when we'll see such graphical enhancements trickle down into MSFS.-Leon Medado

But, as is generally well known, FS2002 does not implement any of the advanced features of GF3 or GF4, so all you will be getting with this next GF is a card with yet more unimplemented features. Still, you'll be able to sit back and say "Hey, won't this be good with FS2004, or 2006, or 2008..."As far as antialiasing is concerned, I never bother about it. At 1280x1024 it's not a factor, I'd have to really look pretty hard to see any aliasing at all. I fit bothers you, just up the resolution and enjoy the extra detail as a bonus. Anti-aliasing is strictly for consulsAll from me Georgethetee

Guest Max Cowgill

>But, as is generally well known, FS2002 does not implement >any of the advanced features of GF3 or GF4, so all you will >be getting with this next GF is a card with yet more >unimplemented features. Still, you'll be able to sit back >and say "Hey, won't this be good with FS2004, or 2006, or >2008..." >>As far as antialiasing is concerned, I never bother about >it. At 1280x1024 it's not a factor, I'd have to really look >pretty hard to see any aliasing at all. I fit bothers you, >just up the resolution and enjoy the extra detail as a >bonus. Anti-aliasing is strictly for consuls :-roll So because you can't see any aliasing on your specific setup, FSAA is relegated to "strictly for consoles"? BTW, as was already explained in this thread, the purpose of my original post was to inform those on this forum who may not otherwise have known about this. I said nothing of MSFS or how NV30 will impact it. Max Cowgill