Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Lakes FS2k2 Style?

Fantastic Chris, Coastline add alot of the scenery realism and blend to the water.There is an Coastline Extractor , I don't know if you can import those data direct to your program, like we will able to download the files from their site and you program will handle the coastline, It is possible ?they are in various files format.http://rimmer.ngdc.noaa.gov/coast/ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cwright

Hi, Anders, I actually wrote an importer and was able to import your data into the program and see it on the map display, though I haven't got it to show in FS yet - I think it revealed another bug! I noticed that in the area of your example there are an awful lot of lakes! But the default lakes could be improved.... I agree, it would be best to concentrate on a standard format. It looks somewhat more complex so I'll leave it until next week. But it shouldn't be a problem. By the way, it seems this example isn't on the server! Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Many thanks for the encouragement, Michel. I know we've both wanted to be able to do this for a long, long time. But remember it's still early days, I only just managed to get the fundamentals working. There's an awful lot to do still. But I hope to make an early, rough version available for download next week. Best regards, Chris

Guest Claviateur

Hi Chris,Well I think it will be a great tool and as you mentioend we've been wanting to do that for a while now :) Looking forward for itGreat workMichel

Guest cwright

Thanks, Chris, I will extend the program to import other formats but it'll take a little time. There are still plenty of basic things to sort out first! I'll take a look at that NOAA site. Best regards, Chris Wright

Well Chris, this sounds wonderful! Don't understand the concept or technical deatils of this, but if in the future it can be used with CFS2, you will have a very large crowd of grateful Flyer's , believe me!When it was first related to us (the CFS2 crowd!) everybody piped up, so hope you can do something for us when you have the chance!EddieP :)

I sure would appreciate some real rivers in England of CFS-2 that I could drop a sea plane onto, This is great and remarkable feature that you people worked hard on . Many Thanks to all involved in this project. ----Sarg Willy

Guest cwright

Eddie, I intend to add support for CFS2, but it'll be a few weeks.... Fortunately I have CFS2 so it'll be easy to test. Best regards, Chris

Ooops,The example is now uploaded. See below.Yes there are an awful lot of lakes! And they need to be improved.The example I gave you is not a lake it is an island in one big lake./Anders

G'day ChrisThis stuff looks absolutely amazing!! Good on ya, your a champion, I've been hoping something like this would come along for agesAny release date yet?Keep up the excellent work Jarrad

Guest cwright

Jarrad, I plan on a first release for later this week (for FS2002). It'll be fairly limited but it will allow you to draw an area of water or land and place it in FS. I would hope to have a CFS2 version in two or three weeks. Best regards, Chris