Sign in to follow this  
arno

Dynamic Libarys

Hi ! I made a onw dynamic Libary including a truck made with FSDS. Everything is well the truck is visible in FS2K2 the scale is set correct. But the truck is displayed 2-3 meters above the apron. I tested the default FS2K2 dynobjects and everything is ok they are right on the apron. I tested everything, different Refpoint commands like abs, nsi an tried to set the absolute alt ASL, ............ ! But no way, the truck is displayed 2-3 above apron !? Does anyone know where the problem is ?Thx, marijo

Guest luissa

Hi,Did you set elevation in the 3th argument of the SetPos() command?Also you can add a TransformCall() at the start of your dynamic object. Say the code is like this:Dbx( 3A 0 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 )SetScaleX( :L1 2048 15000 11 )PitchCall( :L2 18 )SetVar( 2C 30 ):L1Return:L2; drawing here ....Inserting the TransformCall() as in this:Dbx( 3A 0 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 )SetScaleX( :L1 2048 15000 11 )PitchCall( :L2 18 )SetVar( 2C 30 ):L1Return:L2TransformCall( :L3 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 )Return:L3; drawing here ....will place your object 100 deltaZ units higher. With the shown scale that will be 100/32 meters.Regards, Luis

I don't know which program you used to make the library? If you used DynKit I think that has an option to set the altitude of the object. That way you should be able to correct it.On the other hand (just remember it while I am typing), I have had the same problem with a small plane, it would never be on the ground (in Fs2000). Someone made a little tool to correct that, but I forgot the name.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thx Luis !I made it with the TransformCall in a bit different way ;)Now it`s working fine !Marijo

Hi,Do you know what the SetVar( 2C 30 ) stands for?. I have made some dynamics without this seting and they work fine.Bets regards,Rafael>Dbx( 3A 0 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ) >SetScaleX( :L1 2048 15000 11 ) >PitchCall( :L2 18 ) >SetVar( 2C 30 ) >:L1 >Return >:L2

Guest luissa

>Hi, >>Do you know what the SetVar( 2C 30 ) stands for?. I have >made some dynamics without this seting and they work fine. >>Bets regards, >Rafael Hi Rafael,MS used to 2C to store the object radius in meters (their libraries are like this one). So I have done the same, althought I did not use that value later in the code. But I remmeber that if an object moves very near to a second one, they "freeze". So that variable should be related to crash things.Regards, Luis