Sign in to follow this  

Have Hi-Res aerials....Need a scenery designer to use '

If someone out there is handy with the scenery design tools that can use aerial or satellite photos in them, I have Orlando, Tampa, Panama City and Ocala, Florida hi res aerials that I use for work. I'd love to get some of these made into sceneries. The resolution is 1000 times better than anything on Terraserver and in color, just need to find a designer that can use 'em.MikeOcala, Florida Email me at adrian-Johansson@cfl.rr.com

Hi Mike, the images sound awesome, unfortunately fs2k2 has capped the resolution of a texture at 4.8m/pixel, anything with finer resolution will be resampled to 4.8m/pixel...and terraserver provides a 4 m/pixel (as well as a 2), so anything better than terraserver is basically wasted.Best,Bob B

THOSE I could use. Also you can't do all of Tampa Hi-Res but some of the airports/landmarks are VERY doable at 1 meter I think.I'm currently working on Lafayette, IN (where I grew up) but SRQ (where I live now) is next up for me. If you've got high angle (straight down) color stuff I'd love it

I can get Sarasota. What are you going to need? The airport? Give me an idea, and I'll get it together and shoot you a meesage here on the forum.MikeOcala, Florida(BTW, these are color)Heres a sample of KTPA (Resolution knocked down to keep it small enough for Avsim)

Fabulous, wonderful, great, Mike.My intention is to do quite a bit of Florida. So far, I have started collecting the black and white photos of Key West and Vero Beach, but intend later to do all the Keys and Miami.Unfortunately, I am seriously falling behing on my main project, that is, Paris and its suburbs.And, I have promised some friends that I would do their areas for them.So, I would really like to take you up on your offer, but it is just not possible in the near future.If nobody else is interested, and if you do not mind waiting, then maybe some day I shall contact you about this.Best regards.Luis

WOW! That looks better then 1m in the knocked down version.Most of the area will end up at 4.8 meters resolution because Bob is right, thats what MS resample tool produces and that's what FS200x wants. In addition FS200x "blends" that some when it displays it. For most flying above 1000 feet I doubt you'd notice much difference and it would really slow down your frame rate.But a few small areas of interest where you'll be flying close to the ground I'm pretty sure you can draw a poly and apply a hires texture to it. 1m/pixel is doable and I'm pretty sure you can do an airfield but you have to harden it somehow. Any higher res than that will be lost in the process. I painted grass over the airport in the scenery I'm working on now and left the MS runways and such... for now.The big advantage of photoreal is it puts stuff where it really is. I'm working on my home town right now and even with some poor hand colorizing I couldn't believe the vistas once I got the mesh right. It was uncanny, even at 4.8m. Basically I figured I'd try to piece together satelite stuff from Venice to the Ruskin area and as far east as Myakka city. I figured I'd leave the mesh alone because frankly Florida is even flatter than the midwest along the coast. I'll also have to go back and reread some of the stuff they're doing with coastlines and such.I'm jazzed about the pictures because they are color!! Hand coloring 100 square miles of bitmaps is time consuming.What's your home field? Producing photoreal ground textures is really pretty easy if you have a paint program and either color pictures or alot of time.

My home field is Ocala, Jim Taylor Field (KOCF). I'm going to have to try to get into the nuts and bolts of adding textures. I've got Photoshop and all of theses aerials, I'll start looking around for tutorials etc.ThanksMikeOcala, Florida

Any chance you get could get Dayonta? I'm currently working on a KDAB scenery using images from terraserver. Also, I would be more than happy to help you with making some sceneries with what you have. Shoot me an email if you like. mkaprocki@cfl.rr.com. Ocala would be fun to make, as I have flown in to there many times and is relatively simple.Matt

Do an internet search on "aerial photography", I found a huge amount of florida in high res color images once..wasn't my thing, so I passed it by, but I think Daytona was included...free.Bob B