Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

Rough texture in ASD

I still use ASD. Whatever texture property I choose (rough, smooth, default etc.) it comes out as rough. Aircraft taxiing on apron get responce as if they're taxiing on rough ground outside airport area.Is there a way to fix this ?Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gif

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

You need to use the SurfaceType command to set the correct type of surface. I am not sure what the smooth, rough and default options in ASD generate qua source code. You could check the source and see if an SurfaceType command is there.If it is not there you can best make a small SCASM file to correct the problem. On my website (click on the banner below) I have a small example of such a code.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest luissa

Hi Kyprianos,I do not use ASD anymore. I used this macro which, with the default parameters, (you can change them of course) will place a 1000 x 1000 meters smooth surface square centered with your macro. The macro itself will appear in the ASD screen as a 20 x 20 meter symbol. You may change the size of the symbol to the real size of the smoothing square to check, for example, if the macro covers all your region of interest. Then you can adjust the "real size" (Arg_Len and Arg_Wid) to your convenience. Finally you would turn the symbol size back to 20 x 20 or so, otherwise you would have a big black square on your ASD screen.Regards, Luis ps: some square brackets turned into <> when I post this. Please take this into consideration if using it.;ASDesign Compatible Macro;Name=Smoother, Type=Misc., ;Latitude, Longitude, Rotation=0, Length=20, Width=20, ;Arg_Len=1000, Arg_Wid=1000; Macro Parameters:; 1 = latitude; 2 = longitude; 3 = rotation; 4 = lenght <<< used only to "see" the area as an ASD macro symbol; 5 = width <<< used only to "see" the area as an ASD macro symbol; 6 = lenght <<< effective lenght of the smoothed rectangle area; 7 = width <<< effective width of the smoothed rectangle areaUVar( $WP [%7 / 2.0] )UVar( $LP [%6 / 2.0] )UVar( $LN [-1 * $LP] )UVar( $WN [-1 * $WP] )UVar( $C cos[ %3 ] )UVar( $S sin[ %3 ] )UVar( $P0X [[$C * $WN] + [$S * $LN]] )UVar( $P0Y [[$C * $LN] - [$S * $WN]] )UVar( $P1X [[$C * $WP] + [$S * $LN]] )UVar( $P1Y [[$C * $LN] - [$S * $WP]] )UVar( $P2X [[$C * $WP] + [$S * $LP]] )UVar( $P2Y [[$C * $LP] - [$S * $WP]] )UVar( $P3X [[$C * $WN] + [$S * $LP]] )UVar( $P3Y [[$C * $LP] - [$S * $WN]] )Area( 5 %1 %2 10 )RefPoint( 7 : 1 %1 %2 v1= [%6 + %7] v2= 0 )SenseBorder( : [$P3X] [$P3Y] [$P2X] [$P2Y] [$P1X] [$P1Y] [$P0X] [$P0Y] )SurfaceType( 0 5000 5000 0 )EndA