Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

FS2k2 roads using the Terrain SDK?

I dont know SCASM either but this is what I got from Airport 2.60.Something is not correct in the translation SCASM=>VTP2=>BGL, but I cant find out what.Has anyone tried the SCM2VTP.exe and got it to work?Is there anything I need to change in the SCASM or VTP file to get this to work, or is there settings in Airport I need to adjust?

Hi, I had placed some test lines in airport 2.6 and had problems,loaded the same file into FSSC and it worked OK.David

Guest Claviateur

Hello,Intersting tool Falko but I wonder if the same process can create shorelines with waves?CheersMichel

Guest falko

Get a new version (17.10.2002)of the program from my home page. The file is stored at "utilities". The new version should read in your file correctly. If not, please report it.Best regards Falko

>Get a new version (17.10.2002)of the program from my home >page.But what's the adress :-hmmm

Guest falko

The adress is on the on the start screen of the SCM2VTP program!

Guest falko

Hi Michel.Please read message nr 21 and nr 19. Maybe these will answer your question.Best regards Falko

It seems that the new version isn't able to read in SCC-SCASM code, too. :-(I get only questionmarks about the coordinates and roads and the bgl-files compiled from the asm-file result in a crash of FS.An SCASM-code compiled by Schiratti Commander looks like this:------------------------------Header(1 50.150000 50.266667 7.266667 7.416667)LatRange(50.150000 50.266667)Copyright(SCHIRATTI CONTROL CENTER 2002 ) ;; Line - Section;;;; Area(5 50.205923 7.331516 30) RefPoint(rel :endobj 1.000000 50.205923260127 7.331516115734 V1= 30000 V2= 2058 );Textured line SurfaceColor( 2 F0 ) LineColor( 2 F0 ) LoadBitmap ( 0 5 EF 128 128 128 "ASPHALT.BMP" ) RRStart(1 -5 0 0 0) RoadCont(179 0 296) RoadCont(422 0 515) RoadCont(718 0 670) RoadCont(1226 0 812) RoadCont(1649 0 884) TextureEnable( 0 ) :endobjEndA---------------------------------It would be great if scm2ftp could support roads created by SCC.ThanksSasa

Got it :-)I also had to download the newest version of Airport 2.60 (Build 157).There are still some small glitches, I wonder if this is the problem with sorting the cells in the correct order?I made a GIF-animation and a overlook over my project.

Does anyone know if there's a possibility to include own textures in the "terraintextures.cfg" or somewhere else to getting them on the roads? When I tried to include own textures in the "terraintextures.cfg" FS crashed.Until now there are no railways e.g. available and I don't know how to solve this problem.ThanksSasa

Guest falko

The cells have to be sorted in the right order, until now by eding the output file and cut and paste the data blocks to the correct places. Cells with the same name have to be merged to one cell. I also succeded in generating a new bug in the new version, this is now fixed in the newest version (version from 19.10.2002).

Guest falko

The version from 19.10.2002 reads in your code correctly.

Hi Sasa.I don't think we want to alter the "terraintextures.cfg". That's a designer's 'Pandora's box'... it will just make the sim more confusing than it is!What you need is a way to call a custom texture.First, make a RailRoad texture... it needs to be 8-bit with alpha for transparancy, and in the format of other road and river bitmaps as described by the FS2002 Terrain SDK. 256x256.The line we need to define a custom texture for the texture index is:VTPTextureName "RailroadWi.bmp;RailroadHw.bmp;RailroadSp.bmp;RailroadSu.bmp;RailroadFa.bmp;RailroadLm.bmp"Note the use of a semicolon {;}instead of the comma {,}... the SDK gave us the wrong info ( the semicolon is the right way ).Also, note the order of winter, hard winter, spring, summer, fall, night. You could make all the entries as 'RailroadSu.bmp', but all six texture names must be filled, or you might crash the sim at night or at a different season than summer. I'm not sure if this BUG infects VTP Method2 lines, but the practice of naming the textural seasons does no harm. Also, make the layer 33, if you want it to lie over all the roads. Dick

Hi there,I am finding it extremely dificult to get the wave effects working.Could anybody tell me what