Sign in to follow this  

seeking tutorial. . .

Guest C17SimGuy

Hello.I remember seeing a tutorial for creating scenery/buildings in Gmax from nothing to fully textured finished product. Problem is I can't seem to find it in all the "usual" places. (Namely Freeflightdesign.com) Does anyone know where I can find such a tutorial? Thanks! -drew the :-newbie

Hi there Drew a couple of things 1st I would recomend going to your local libary and getting your hands on a "basic" 3DS max how to asgmax is very similar to the above in many ways as it's a sub set of3DS Max 4. Also go to Discreet's site as there are several good linksthere. And last just go for it make a box learn basic textureingand take it from there. And once you do you will have lot's of questions post 'em here and someone will try to answer you as there are several people who know their way around gmax as well as other programs. BTW gmax is an object modeling tool and as such is not really for makeing "scenery" only the objects that go "in" it. Ihave always felt that this forum is wrongly called the "scenery forum it's proper name should be called the "modeling" forum as that's mostly what is what this forum is all about although "scenery" is of course talked about here. Hope this helps you to learn what is a cool way to spend your timeand remember it takes time to learn the ropes. Dan

Guest C17SimGuy

Hi Dan,Thanks for the advice. . .but I'm not that much of a newbie. :7 I've used FSDS for over a year, and am slowly learning the nuances of Gmax (about a month or so into it). I think I've diluted myself into thinking I can accomplish this HUGE project (scenery/aircraft package) but it's taken me a YEAR to get this far, and it ain't releasted yet. :-) But hey, it is more for my enjoyment. . .and if it's good enough, I'll share it with everyone. Anyway, I'm sure I will have more specific questions later on down the road. Thanks for the input. _drew_

Sorry Drew it's just with that "NEWBE" thingy I thought you were really new to this!!. Dan