Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

textureproblem

Excuse my bad english.I have a Texturproblem in the FS2002. Example: The texture series 006b2***.bmp have 5 Seasontextursets "hw, wi, sp, su, fa" but no Nighttexturse "lm".When i create a 006b2lm1.bmp to 006b2lm7.bmp texture the FS ignores this. I think in FS2002 exist a file contain information about permittedly texture variants. Does anybody know which file it is. How can i edit this file.I have a similar problem with Landclass, there also must be an assignment of Landclassnummer to FS Texturnummer here. I think this is the lclockup.bgl. Does somebody know the construction for this file.Can i edit this file.Kind regards Joachim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JoachimFS only uses lm textures where there is a need to add lighting effects at night. lm textures are not required for open country with no night lighting - FS2002 just adjusts the brightness (darkness) of the normal daytime textures according to the time of day.You have guessed right about the mapping of textures in lclookup - ALL the standard ground textures, including the seasonal and night variations, are mapped here to the landclasses, so it is no use creating additional night or seasonal texture variations - they will not be displayed.Christian Stock is working on a facility to read, and maybe even edit/recreate lclookup, but as this is an intrinsic part of FS2002 and cannot be 'localised' in the way that some of the other features can, he is a bit wary about how it might safely be used without creating confusion and interfering with the proper operation of FS2002.What is it you are trying to do with the landclasses - I might be able to put you on the right lines and save you a lot of trial and error.RegardsGerrish