Sign in to follow this  

Screenshots of CYTZ (Toronto City Centre)

Hi everybody ... here are two screenshots of CYTZ (Toronto City Centre Airport). I am very much an amateur, but just wanted to post some shots to get some feedback.A bit about CYTZ ... CYTZ is located right in the heart of Toronto (Canada's largest city). The airport is situated on an island which provides service for general aviation as well as regional commuter flights. I fly from this airport regularly and am trying to build the scenery exactly like I see them from the ground and air. There is one shot from the airside and one from the landside. The latter is a screenshot of what you would see when you come off the ferry and onto the island.Would welcome any and all feedback ... thanks, everybody.

Hi Jim ... thank you very much for the comments! I have seen your work with Thunder Bay and with the Fly! scenery, and my jaw drops to the floor each and every time. Compared to you and your team, I am an amateur. I always look forward to your work.I'm based at CYTZ and fly in/out of there regularly and have access to the airport and a digital camera, so all of the buildings are made with photo textures. I also have the Air Ontario flight schedules recreated using TTools so the commuter Dash-8's fly in/out at the right times.Jim, thanks again for your comments. I am a very big fan of your work, and quite frankly, I'm blown away by the attention to detail and completeness of all your sceneries. I'm very happy we have someone like yourself creating the sceneries for the airports in Ontario.Jay

Hi there Jay trust me it's a team effort!! but like Jim I think youare doing a great Job!(may I ask what you are using to do your scenery?) I.E. what programs. Dan

Hey there, Dan ... great to hear from you again! Looking forward to the Thunder Bay scenery! You guys are a fantastic team.I'm using GMAX to create the buildings and the airport, Photoshop Elements to create the textures, TTools to create the GA and commuter airline traffic and AFCAD to replicate the parking spaces on the airport. I used 100% GMAX for the airport structures/buildings to maximize on framerates (like yourself, I don't have a very powerful computer).Thanks for the comments, Dan ...Jay

Thanks Jay like I said it looks real good! and if you have any questions re Photoshop or Gmax email me or Jim be glad to help you. Dan

Fantastic, Dan! Thank you! Actually, you both have been a source of great information ... both from direct replies to my posts, as well as through your replies to other posts. Thanks to you and Jim for all you do for this community!Jay

That looks great Jay! I fly in and out of CYTZ in the sim and sail past it through the western gap(dodging the ferry lol)in real life. From what I can see in the screenshots you are doing a top notch job and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.It's nice to see some local stuff being done. I'd like to learn how to fix up the coastline around the Island and the Leslie Spit as it's a bit off from the real thing. I've also thought about trying to make some sccenery for Outer Harbour Marina and a few other area landmarks. It looks like I would have some work ahead of me to be able to make something that would compliment what you have shown here.Great job, thanks again.Brian

Guest CGTHX

That looks awesome! I was there during the summer, and it looks just like the real thing. I'm doing a similar thing with AI traffic for our Thunder Bay scenery, so if you need any help with that, which you probably don't, just let me know! Again, nice job and I can't wait for that scenery!

Hi Brian / Jeff!Thanks to you both for the feedback!Brian, I too think it's great that we have some local work being done to bring our areas into FS2002. We have yourself doing something about the geographic features and the great Flight Ontario team with their soon-to-be-released Thunder Bay scenery! This will bring Ontario closer to people in other parts of the world. I agree with you that the coastlines and the Leslie spit need a lot of work. Also, I think it's cool that you sail past the airport frequently - you must be docked at the Harbourfront area. Ha ha - you're right about dodging that ferry - those ferry drivers tend to have too much fun crossing the channel!Jeff, I know that many of us (including me) are looking very forward to the Thunder Bay scenery you and the Flight Ontario team are working on. I'm glad you were at CYTZ this summer - always glad to have more knowledgeable aviation visitors!Thanks again to both of you ... hope you enjoy the final scenery when it's finished ... take care,Jay

Hi JayJust checking in and wondering how it's going? How about a couple more screenshots? I'm chomping at the bit here lol.As far as fixing the coastline, I can't gaurantee I will be able to do anything about that. Unless I am missing something obvious, it looks like it may be a little too complicated for my talents.We dock at Outer Harbour not Harbourfront but sail around the Island sometimes and stop in for a break along the wall at Hanlans when it is not too crowded.Brian

Hi Brian!So do you see anything interesting when you stop over at Hanlan's (ha ha) ... sometimes I fly right over Hanlan's, but am too far away to see anything interesting. For those of you not familiar with this part of the island, Hanlan's Point is what they call a "clothing optional" beach!I am almost finished the CYTZ scenery. There's still some more detail I need to add, but here are two more screenshots from the airside. Some of the signage has been added and the Aerocentre lounge has also been created. The first shot is from Taxiway "A" and the second picture is from about 350' ASL, buzzing the field. Note some of the signage. Everything will be exactly where they should be in the finished scenery.All of the aircraft in the scenery is also active (no static aircraft). You can also see some of the Air Ontario Dash 8's near the east terminal building. They fly the exact same schedules as the actual Dash 8's do in real life. If you look in the upper-right corner of the image, you'll also see one of the oil tankers docked at the "Eastern Gap".Talk to you soon!Jay

Guest CGTHX

Looks great...just for your info, I'll be releasing some Jazz Dash 8s this weekend, repaints of the GMax ProjectAi 8s, so they may look a little better than the blue and white ones you're using for those runs! Again, scenery looks great.

Jeff, that's wonderful! That will definitely make the commuter aircraft on the Toronto Island Airport truly authentic! Well done - thanks!Jay