Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Prince Edward Island

Does anyone know if there is a fix out there for the p.e.i. scenery. -Roger

Guest Barney1

Other than an extremely large set of files that replaces all the default scenery which should be available via a search within the library, I believe the only hope is that FS2004(?) doesn't make the same mistake(s)!

Hi -Roger and Barney.I'm suspecting a "rogue" BGL may be causing the problem. If the BGL can be found, it could be replaced or eliminated. It probably is an 'hyp' type file containing a bad LWM code entry.( It might not necessarilly be in any of the Canadian folders! Best way to narrow it down is to find the Folder the bad BGL is in by deactivating scenery via the Scenery Library... to locate the folder first. Then it must be one of the 'hyp' files in that folder. Just rename them, one by one, until the bad BGL is found. )I'm suspecting PEI is under the water somewhere... we probably just need to get rid of the water.Dick

Thanks Dick and Barney for your help. I installed the large files Dick talked about, other than a huge mountain in charlottetown it wasn't too bad, but very large files. -Roger

Hi -Roger.I think Barney was discussing that large file.The offending BGL is found in "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBWesthemusneScenery", and is named 'hyp536208.bgl'.If that file is renamed to 'hyp536208.BAD' or deleted, the island magically returns... a rogue LWM!--------------------------------------I just looked at this file.There are a few such files in FS2002. One in West Russia, one in the West Pacific (?)... And, of course PEI.The file is corrupt, and as far as I can tell, unfixable.The file could be replaced, but it will take some time to rebuild it.A good project for Chris Wright's AutoASM program, if anyone cares to do it.Dick

Hi Jim.There is no default PEI folder, much less any file with '...dem...' in it, in FS2002.Honestly, the fault is in 'hyp536208.bgl'. I've already got most of the BGL rebuilt, but need to trim the actual 17 defective LOD8 Cells, with LWM water masks.Here's the western tip of the island waitng for the coastal trim.Dick

Hi Jim.Sorry for the misunderstanding.Do you know PEI very well? What I'm looking at seems awfully flat, and that bothers me.Dick

Hi Dick part of the problem is that the highest elevation om the island is only I beleve a couple of hundered ft high so it's hardwith the available dem's to get the elevations right on as Jim'slittle add-on was done before there was much knowlage of things work(I.E. no sdk etc). Dan

Guest Barney1

Hi fellows,I too had long ago discovered the corrupt *.bgl but even after looking at it with a binary editor, I couldn't figure out how to do anything with it! I'm no programer!I've said it before, and I'll say it again, why MS could not take the few minutes required to correct the texture assignment error is baffling!For what its worth, a similar problem exists with the airport on Miami Beach.For Dick: yes, PEI is pretty flat, although I seem to recall a couple of rolling hills on the drive between the Borden Ferry Terminal (this was quite a few years ago!) and the Kensington area. They likely wouldn't show from even a couple of hundred feet of altitude, though.BTW, if a work-around is established, I have a bridge for sale.....(grinning)!

Hi Barney.Today I'm going to see if we can leave the default BGL alone, and create a new LWM BGL to override the defaults. I'm thinking this will work, and will be a better solution than replacing the dfault file, if this is possible.I hadn't known about Miami. Maybe we should start a list of files that have 'water damage', now that we have some means of correcting them. Let's see what I can do with PEI, first.Dick

Guest moomox

I just renames the BGL... PEI it there! Woo Hoo.Wish I knew about this before.ThanksMoomox