Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Newbie question about FSSC

Last week I downloaded FSSC. On thursday I began using Abacus FSDS to give back Spokane(KGEG)International Airport it's dignity and as of last night it is looking real pretty with my limited FSD skills. Yesterday I started to work with FSSC to establish Runways and taxiways and now have them in place, I had to apply a flatten switch to get those surfaces to even out. My delima is when I go to add my Airport texture BGL some of the taxiways just dissapear and if I remove the Airport texturebgl then everything is back to normal. My question is??? How can I get the two textures to work together. It appears as though i will not be able to use taxiwaytextures from FSSC for the various ramps/tarmack. Any one have a thought Thanks in advace Randyhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

what "airport texture bgl"? Is this an "airport polygon" as in ASD? I stopped using the airport polygon altogether, that will stop it from hiding anything, but I'm guessing, is that what you mean? If you set the elevation of the airport polygon the same as the elevation of the fssc taxiways, then the fs engine may have problems showing both.B

hi Randysorry that might not help much but have you tried airport2.6?

Guest gorchi

Hi!If I understand You correctly, You have a ground poly with some texture on it and over it taxiways, polygons, lines etc. I have found out that in FS2002 is very important layering. So If you have ground poly with let say grass texture, give it on layer 4. Taxiways as polygons and aprons are on layer 8, roads on layer 12. This will also prevent flickering.Also, for best results use texture scale between 0.2 and 0.5.Best regards, Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net