Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

New Islands aren't aware of DEM mesh

Hi all,I have created some missing islands in Turkey. I used LWM polygones and also covered them with texture using VTP Poly method-2. The Islands are allright in their shapes and textures when the sim is run. They are also "hard" (A Plane can sit on them without splashing).Then, I tried creating a Mesh DEM with the resample program to make them hilly but with no success. I checked my DEM BGL file (LOD=7,8) with TMF viewer and it's allright. Also, the elevations described by it are OK as I can clearly observe from the portions corresponding to mainland portions. But the islands are of zero elevation everywhere.I couldn't see any comment on this issue in the SDK and in this forum.Any idea will be appreciated.Ytanik

Hi Ytanik.I'll assume the islands are relatively close to the mainland... or other islands.The water-masking of the original shorelines used flattening waterpolys ( set to 0 elevation ). These 'flattens' suppress all futher mesh of those areas.To create elevation, you'll need to attempt a re-mesh of the land, using invisible LWM 'flattens'.ReMeshing ReWorked Coasts starts a discussion on remesh techniques, and some succes I've had with a special remesh BGLC macro.The ReMesh macro is used as:include ReMesh.inc ReMesh x, y, height, fractionx and y are 0-7, as the macro meshes a 32x32 point area. You could easily derive other macros to create larger or smaller remesh. Tis macro could be renamed ReMesh8x8, for instance, and othe macros named ReMesh4x4, Remesh16x16.....The ReMesh macro creates an invisible 'X' to heighten or lower elevations. Dick