Sign in to follow this  

Runway Lightnings

Hello folks,I am wondering how I could create a runway guidance lightning such as a PAPI for my airport under construction. I am using Gmax, I know a bit of BGLC (really a bit) and I don't want to use any default runway to be able to place lights along my custom runway.Some can help me ?Florent

Guest gorchi

Hi Florent!I do not know gmax well, I tried it a little bit but maybe in this case it would be wiser to make ground in some ordinarly scenery program such as FSSC or Airport, and the rest in gmax, so it would make two different BGLs. Currently all my complex airports are designed with 2 or more BGLs and I have no problem in FS. As I said, I would put ground scenery, that is runways, aprons, taxiways, taxiway signage, lines, roads etc. in one BGL, let say KLAX_gnd.bgl, the rest could be done in gmax and compiled with BGLC and put in another BGL, let say KLAX_obj.bgl.Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

For the airport on the picture I used Gmax to make the lights but Airport 2.60 to place them correct.If you want to have standard PAPI or guidance lights then Airport 2.60 in my opinion is the best choice.

What do you mean by you created the lights under Gmax and included them with Airport ? You mean you made a PAPI Macro with Gmax and placed it with Airport ???How can you create a working Papy with Gmax ?I must have misunderstood something ?Florent