Sign in to follow this  

Scenery Export....Actually an airport

Is there a scenery design program that allows you to import an airport into it, edit it or build it up, then export it back to FS2002?Forgive me for the questio I am new to scenery design and I wanna start small and then build on that experience.I want to make MYNN (Nassau Intl Airport) a better airport. Then work on Freeport.Your help is greatly appreciated!!ThanksJasonhttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Jason,Airport for Windows - http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/airportsupport/ or http://www.airportforwindows.com/FSSC - http://www.fssc/avsim/net/ or in the AVSIM library -fsscv152.zipDefault airports or scenery is generally excluded and new scenery is put in their place. The reason for this is the distributive way Microsoft placed the airports in the scenery files.Lago's FSSE allows you to add items to the default scenery.

First of all, you can not change existing airports :-(You can add new things to an existing airport, or remove the original and build new from scratch.The last method is in my opinion the best because you have full control over what you add and the placement of things.

Scenery BGLs are alot like software for your computer. When you want to improve or change something you can't easily change the object code. You change the source code and recompile it. If you have the GMAX or Airport or other source files for your airport then you're in business.There is at least one scenery decompiler that will take a BGL and turn it into a source file for Scasm or BGLC. Finding the right BGL, decompiling it and editing it could be pretty tedious (though not necessarily). It might also violate the copyright of the original designer.In most cases with MSFS scenery I simply exclude those things I don't like and use an appropriate scenery design programs to replace it with something better.You can edit the texture files with imagetool and your favorite image software and you can edit the Autogen (I think) but it will affect EVERY place in MSFS where that texture is used.Hope this helps.John

there is one that kind of does this. Payware, Abacus ASD can "import" an airport and it turns the polygons and runways, etc into editable form.When you compile it back to bgl, there really now is two versions on top of each other. That's what folks have meant when they say you cant edit the default. Using ASD it feels like you can, as l0ng as you exclude the default that will remain.

and it kind of surprises me. Mostly because of the copyright issue in a payware program. I doubt Abacus would like someone decompiling ASD and distributing the source code.Does it convert entire BGLs or is it selective.

Does Airport for windows, create the AFCAD file automatically? Or does that need to be done seperately?Hey thanks guys for the help. I really appreciate it GREATLY!!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

you choose the bgl, and then you have options when you select on a given scenery element for "import".B

Do they mention in the docs that redistributing other peoples work is not nice?John

You need to export from Gmax with "keep files" checked.Then you make this into a library with FSRegen and import this into Airport 2.60.

No not as such! It can create an AFD.bgl but it doesn't have the taxiway, runway, and gates scripts for AI. However, if you are modifying an existing airport, then you only need to use AFCAD on the original airport, make your needed changes, and recompile.If you are make a totally new airport, then you would need to make an AFCAD (AFD.bgl) style file for your new airport and put it in your fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder.