Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

TDFCalc3

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Dick,this is nice gauge, thanks! Now it works almost as the multifunction display for the military jets! (But the fps

Hi Vlada.The updates are a little slow for a hang glider! :-lol I could not find a value to check for any underlying landclass assignment, although FSUIPC can finds the difference between surface types. The landclass would have been nice, and I'm sure the sim knows the assignment somewhere. I'll look some more for that value,as it would be a good addition to my LandCalc program.I just got tired of entering Lat-Long.In FS2002.cfg, under {USERINTERFACE}, you can change a line to:PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0... which keeps the sim running, when you exit the sim's window to write TDF values to notepad. Works pretty good, and works in CFS2 as well. I'm surprised there aren't more FSUIPC based utilities around.Now, where is that landclass value?Dick

Guest GerrishGray

Hi DickYet another great tool - you are really are doing us proud recently. Thanks for everything you are doing for our hobby.CheersGerrish

Hi Jim.Are you looking for the landclass assignment, or the CUSTOM (photoreal ) name?Fetching LandClass assignments doesn't seem possible. We need TDFViewer for that. ( Actually, it might be possible as CFS2's Mission Builder could read ground terrain ).But getting the CUSTOM name should be possible. In my LandCalc program, I gave the names of the 4 CUSTOM bitmaps surrounding the nearest LandClass Vertex. A single vertex will cast it's assignment on the 4 groundtiles that touch it. There cannot be a blending of CUSTOM tiles, so they must be displayed... that's why the minimum display of CUSTOM is 4 textures to cover the 4 groundtiles.I should be able to alter the program to also display the CUSTOM name needed for the groundtile the aircraft is directly over ( I think ).Is that what you need?Dick

Hi Jim.I emailed you some info about LandCalc2, with the FSUIPC interface.Actually, anyone is welcome to try it, but it's mostly untested! I think it will work, and after I test it a little, I'll upload it to AVSIM's Library.For now: LandCalc2.zipDick

Great stuff, Dick. Thanks a lot. This is all very helpful.Best regards.LuisBy the way, is that Lake Lawn? Love the strips around it - Smilin' Sam's and Weehopper Meadow!

Smilin' Sam's is a private strip, and really isn't used anymore. Just south of the Lake Lawn strip ( on the lakeshore, is a nice resort ( called LakeLawn )... they own and maintain the strip. You can make reservations, fly in, stay a week for golf, and water fun, and fly out. Great food. Everybody in town knows somebody who works there.Delavan is a small town of about 7000 people.Dick

Dick,I download everything you make! Hopefully some day I get HIT by some scenery and it will all make sense!:-lol