Sign in to follow this  

Need help with LWMDataAreaFill1x1

Hi,I have started a project in which I will make an island better than MS managed to do it :)I am having problems with the LWMDataAreaFill1x1 command.You can see in my attached file what it looks like. I can only get the first of 8 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 to show up.Why?What am I doing wrong?Any help appreciated//Anders

Hi Anders.BGLC is 'picky' when it comes to text formatting. The comma separators need to be followed by a tab or a space:LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1,1,19,27 should be:LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 19, 27Also, make sure you actually have a landclass under your new land! If there's no landclass, then there will be no land.Also, you only have 8 1x1's, so that's all that will display from this example.It's a good idea to have a remark line ( begins with "; " ) that gives an exact Latitude-Longitude. That way you can find the location easier.Dick

Hi Dick,Thanks for your help.I will use your info and see if that helps.I know that there is landclassdata under the new land. The problem is that I can only get one of the eight different 1x1 to show. An that is the first one. The following seven will not show at all.If I remark the lines involved with the first one then the second one will show up put not the following 6.I thought maybe I had done something wrong in the way I enter the LWMDataAreaFill1x1 to my file.//Anders

Hi Anders.The fact that one will show, and then the display doesn't work indicates there is a problem with the coding of each of the 1x1's entries.... probably the lack of spaces or tabs following the commas.Dick

Hi Anders,Try rearranging the order for your area fills so that the cells are drawn in column, row (lattitude, longitude) order. The graphics engine expects the proper drawing order and gets confused when something different is provided. Here's a sample. You don't need the height data unless you are creating water. LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 16, 31 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 17, 29 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 17, 30 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 18, 28 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 18, 29 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 19, 27 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 19, 28 LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0, 1, 1, 20, 26Regards,Steve Weatherwax

Hi Steve.This is an edited post. I had written..."I haven't yet found the order to be important for the Areas within the cell." But I think you are right here. I knew the Cell order was necessary, as discovered by Chris Wright and Christian Stock, but I never suspected the Areas had to be ordered as well. But it does make sense.I did check Anders' area, and it does have landclass.I'll do as you suggest, and see what happens.EDITED LATER...Hi Anders and Steve.I really hate surprises with the LWMs. :(Remove the "LWMDataAreaHeight -9999, 0" statements. They are causing the problem. This also makes me wonder about the landmask polys... Good catch with the height statements, Steve!The Area order still doesn't seem important ( but Cell Index ordering is! ). Happily, the commas don't seem to need spaces, as I had assumed.You might still want to order the Areas, just to keep them logically together. As a project grows in size, it could really help.The location is around N58* 2.72' E14* 18.93', for anyone following the Anders' code.Dick

Hi Dick and Steve,Thanks for your great help!Now it works OK.And regarding the landclass it has data but not att all places where I need it so I guess I have to do som landclasses too. The project is growing :)Thanks for your advices.Next time I will have better notes in my code and also show you how I progress if that is of interest.//Anders

Thank you, Anders.Yes we'll all be interested in your project. We're all still pioneers with TDF sceneries, and the best way for us to learn is by the problems other designers run into.Dick

Your welcome, Anders, and thank you Richard for the additional information. As you said, we're still all learning this, but its great fun! At last I'll be able to fix a problem with the rendering of the Hudson and Mohawk rivers near my home.Take care,Steve Weatherwax