Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

TAXI LINES WITH GMAX ? ? ?

The question of thin and crisp taxi-lines were asked on this forum many times and this post is no different. But have a look at the beautiful scenery screenshot below to see how these taxiways and lines were done. The scenery is ROAH airport created by Kazuhiro Miyazaki of http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/sfs/ Could Kazuhiro Miyazaki or someone else explain how they are done so well?Letats

This screenshot is from a project I am working on made with FSArchitect2002, but I believe now that Airport for Windows also can use standart FS2002 taxilines. They are not perfect and take a lot of work to join up anywhere near properly.Derek

Guest Claviateur

Hi DerekI have Architect2002 as well but how did you manage to make the taxilines touch each others so pefectly? Is it with trial and error or by using 1 single line with 1 ref point for all tracing?I apreciate if you have a tip to give me Thanks!Michel

Hi Michel,It is not perfect. I guess the resolution of the screenshot is not so good. I didn't use one refpoint, just tedious trial and error. It takes A LOT of editing but you can get the lines to touch reasonably well. The annoying thing is, we are redesigning the whole airport from scratch so I am going to have to do it all again! This time I am going to try using just one refpoint or as few as possible. Regards,DerekWestsim Design Teamderek@westsim.com.auwww.westsim.com.au

see if you can find an output file with the coordinates, and then use those coordinates in a hand made scasm file. Then they'll be within one ref point.its also easy to have the lines touch that way.B

Hi, guys!I'm making my taxilines using the BGLC compiler from Microsoft SDK. It makes perfect connections between lines and arcs. But it's happening a problem:During the DAY TIME, the lines is correct; when I change to NIGHT TIME, the lines changes their positions, they appears incorrectly on the ground (the lines looks smaller then in DAY TIME).Anyone know what could be happening?Thanks!Leandro

Guest Claviateur

Thanks for the reply Derek. I think its not a good idea to try 1 refpoint in Architect plugin or other 3rd party programs because I tried it and it gives weird results in FS2002. I think its related to the distance of tracing and the scale of the line. It just gave me buggy resutls. Trial and error takes forever. I asked Doug if he could create an automated code that place everything under 1 refpoint but never got a feedback on this ideaBob I tried the idea you mentioned, it is the only possible solution to manually code everything but then to have an output code with coordinates, those coord should be already under 1 refpoint. I just dream if there was a tool to trace those taxilines using the same usability as AFCad wouldnt that be great! We lock the program to FS and we pan around and we plot extremly precise points. Leonardo, I think you picked the best solution as well and I might do that with BGLC too. However I was a little confused with MS exemple can you please place a portion of your code so I can see how you write the parameters? As for the night transition bug I do not know why it hapens but that can be a bug from the compiler who knowsCheersMichel

Hi Leandro, are You using a different scale value other than the default 0.3 one ? If so, that is what causes the misplacing and thinner lines at dawn,dusk and night.I know this for I had the same problem, but with scasm hand coding. In fact the default size of the lines seemed too thin compared to real ones, so I decided to change the scale to make them thicker and the result was much better than the default lines.If You want to read the original discussion on this issue search in the archive for something like " Size of taxymarkings..."Hope this helps.RegardsCekko

Thanks, Cekko! But I don't know exactly what scale I'm using...My scale command is:SCALE_AGL taxi_done, 1000, 1000, 196608, 0FFDDA61Dh, 0FFFFh, 0E35A01E0h, 003C9h, 0, 0The scale is the "196608" value?Which value did you use to obtain a correct exibition in dawn, dusk and night?Thanks once more!Leandro

AFW had this problem until Tom Hiscox put an exact conversion scaling for m>ft of 0.3048. He indicated that he thought the error was in the FS2002 coding. Once he instituded the change, the day/night lines appeared where they should.

Hi again Leandro, what I can tell You, as I told You before, the scale I set for the lines is to be used with SCASM, but I know nothing at all about BGLC.More, I had very good results with SCASM hand coding, for I had total control on the start and end position of the lines, which really touched perfectly. The way I used however is time consuming, for You need to take note of all the coordinates, but once You start coding You are sure that the result will be the expected one, without having to place the lines by trial and error hoping each time they will touch each other.You can know more http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID10RegardsCekko