Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Chain link fence?

Guest Frank Betts

Anybody have a good chain link fence .api for Fs2002? :-zhelp

Guest Frank Betts

Got to be something out there. :-roll

Yes I think I have just seen an upload a few weeks back at avsim and flightsim. It was made in GMAX. I have always used an older macro from FS98 but it was not optimised and was had on fps.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I've been working on one in gmax, I started by making a texture and trying to depict the wire, but it only looked good close up, the subsequent mips looked lousy. I then took those mips and edited them to smooth out the ugly, but then the transparency was so different that the switch to that mip was again, Jarring.Finally I did one with the "chain" part as a pure grey at %40 opacity, which then looked good everywhere exept close up, and even then it seemed the best compromise. I'd be happy to share the basic gmax file with you if you wish.

Guest Frank Betts

Well thanks for the help you guys. Bob, Nice fence by the way. I actually use...FSDS I know it is a naughty word but I am having a tough time weening off of it. It is just to easy to use :-smile12

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I downloaded this chain link fence macro. Can't remember the actual zip callout because I changed it after testing it.Here is the readm: "fs2002 fence macro for fs2002 only. Enclosed are two apis for use with APT or my favorite Groundmaker and any other program that supports the .api format. The textures are dxt alphas, (forgot whether they are dxt1 or dxt3) so this will give a partially transparent fence that does not flicker and does not impact frame rates the way that the old fs2000 transparencies do. The api homesh3 is a relatively small section that needs the texture meshfence256.bmp and 1meshfencealways.api is many individual fences joined together which requires the meshfence.bmp texture.Freeware made with EODby marshall brandthttp://avsim.com./hangar/air/polarups427@yahoo.comHope this helps a little.I have made a "Macro Scenery" which is nothing more than a whole bunch of macros in columns and rows of macros. To pick one out you only need to skew around and find the one that fits your current project.One day I must learn to make my own macros for the next set of sceneries.Frenchy -- out.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Found it:"scott2.zip" at Flightsim. Do a search for the author the chain link fence macro will be right on top of his other work.Really a very nice fence. But, with a name like "scott2" I just had to change it or would never - ever find it again.Frenchy -- out.

Guest Frank Betts

Hey thats right I have that to Scott2 Ha I forgot that name was for the fence macro! Hmmm think I'll change that name to Frenchy :-lol