Sign in to follow this  

Exclude Problem

Greetings AllI have been designing scenery since FS98, and have not come across this problem before. I was hoping I may be able to get some assistance. I have begun work on Oakland Int'l CA. Have a look at the screenshot below. oak.jpgI have created and exclude entry, and everything default is excluded, EXCEPT, for reasons unknown to me, the taxiways, and a couple of hangars on the north side of the field. Refer to the screenshot below.oak5.jpgI have never come across this before. The exclude entry is for ALL objects, and is big enough to cover more than just the airport area.However, the default MS scenery has an Oakland bgl, located in FS2002/SCENEDB/cities/oakland, and from what I can figure, is for the Stadium, circled in red in the screenshot. Even though I de-activate/remove this bgl from the simulator, I still am left with these buildings and taxiways.Any help would be much appreciated.CHEERS :-beerchug

Hi nix.Bob Bernstein usually fields exclude questions. :)I've run across this as well, and I'm guessing the refpoint for the objects is far removed from their actual location... just a guess.Dick

LOLRichard is being modest...he's the guru, but I agree with him...once in a blue moon an object misbehaves...and I'm sure its due to some form of misplaced refpoint.read the thread number 745, called exclude small objects. Try this technique, and if it fails, then expand the area until it works. This can be tedious but u'll find the refpoint.