Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Smoothing out bumpy scenery

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Hope I'm in the right forum. :-roll I downloaded the CYYZ scenery from http://pearson2001.8m.com/ It works well, other than the runways and taxiways are bumpy, so you need a lot of thrust to taxi or takeoff. You stop quickly and could crash if you landed a little more firmly.Anyways, is there anyway to smooth the bumps out? I'm not a scenery person so I'm out of my league here.Thanks a lot

Guest gorchi

Hi,You can use FSSC or Airport for Windows to make a little harden terrain below the airport. This guide is for use of FSSC:Go in FS, note the approx. position and elevation (cessna elevation-3 ft) center of future harden, then start FSSC, then choose New, enter data in the boxes (and do not check exclude...!!!) and click OK. Then right click in the FSSC main window, and use the bottom menu (I think ther is Other), and find Smooth terrain. Put in the center, correct width and height of the rectangle, then press FSSC icon on toolbar and export Your smooth to the correct directory. In the export directory You should choose root directory of Your scenery (not SCENERY subfolder!!). Check if the BGL is there (btw, BGL has the name of Your scenery; if You save it as CYYZ_smooth then You'll get CYYZ_smooth.bgl), then restart FS. It should work immediately. If it is not working then check:- position of this smoothening rectangle or scenery,- elevation of the scenery,- if Your BGL is in the right SCENERY subfolder.You can download latest FSSC from avsim library or from www.fssc.avsim.com. Airport has similar feature (although I do not know in which menu), You can download it from www.airportforwindows.com.Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks. BTW the link to FSSC is broken.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks for the reply, found it.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Worked a treat! Thanks. :7

Guest Lobaeux4

Any way I could get a copy of your smooth .bgl?LobaeuxLobaeux@centurytel.net

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Sure! Sent right to the address that you gave in your post.