Sign in to follow this  
Daviddv

Removing autogen trees and houses

I have just started experimenting with some of the scenery design tools, and have what I hope is a very simple question that someone may be able to answer.I have created a simple building and positioned it in the correct spot, but it is surrounded by trees and some houses which should not be there. I presume autogen is responsible.How can I exclude from an area say of half mile square?ThanksDavid

standard exclude files work...do a search in this forum on the words exclude or read thread 745.Bob B

If you want to be more selective than one big exclude or lotsa little ones you should be able to convert the texture tile to a standard bmp with imagetool or one of the freeware programs. Put that bmp and the coresponding agn file in the same directory and you should be able to edit each tree and building.John

If there are autogen trees or autogen buildings, where they should not be, then a simple change of the landclass will help.To change the landclass of a small area, like the surrounding of your building, John Cillis' Landclass Assistant seems to be the right tool.The documenation, which comes with the download is easy to understand and makes everything simple.Wolfgang

Thanks - I'll try that out, but originally I was trying to remove some trees and houses from near an airport that shoudn't have them.David