Sign in to follow this  

KCVG2002 FLOATING RUNWAYS

This was a note I said to Page Cline but I am unsure if I have his correct e-mail so maybe one of you designers can be of some help.Hi, Would like to ask you a favor regarding your wonderful kcvg scenery. I originally had flashing ground textures with out your scenery and then I installed a 3rd party patch and installed your scenery. The flashing textures are gone the scenery looks great, but everytime I go from taxiway to runway the plane hops in the air and if I go too fast the aircraft will crash. It seems like the runways are either lower or higher than the taxiways, but I cannot notice it visually. I have to go to approach the runway at a virtual crawl inorder to avoid a crash. Any help would be great !!!! I revisited the airport and I do have a BGL file in my KCVG/Scenery named KCVGSMTH and with or without it I still encounter the same issue. I have discovered that the runways are floating / higher than the taxiways. Is there a way either lower the runways or raise the rest of the airport. I am using your exclude and flatten swithes in the cfg file. Thanks

Guest falko

Use a Flattened Area to elevate the surrounding area to the exact altitude (+- .1 ft)of the runway. Flattened areas can be prodused by the AIRPORT Program.

I have the same problem ... have you found a fix yet? I'm not quite sure what the first reply meant or how it's done. I don't have the "airport program". Let me know. Thanks.